tier one warranty R172 55 7.3K miles

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ricky s

MB Enthusiast
Car
cars
Hi, had my wife announce to me this afternoon, that should we deem to keep the car from its ending lease in June, the MB tier one warranty is £2,100, jeez, does anyone here know if this is correct..? are there any other choices to be had, my prime worry would be the roof going wrong.:(
Thx

You can get a quote online, try Googling Mercedes Tier 1 warranty. Sounds expensive though, unless you've passed the magic 60,000 miles mark which more than doubles the cost :crazy:

I did the quote and it comes at £2193.40. 21K miles on my car. £250 excess can take it down to £1609. There's hardly any difference in price between Tier1 and Tier2.

Exactly the same for mine, R171/56 and 34K miles. Ricky, it would appear you'd be paying over the odds as mine's far more likely to have something go wrong/drop off at 11 years old..

Cheers,

Gaz

Thank you all for the input, much appreciated, however Mercedes are hardly inspiring one to take out such a costly warranty,, I will not be going that direction, if we keep the car, which I am in mind to at this time, we will put some of the potential warranty monies aside, and wing it:D TBH you could virtually lease a car for the monies they are wanting, not a merc admittedly, but nether the less a another car:(

Exactly the same for mine, R171/56 and 34K miles. Ricky, it would appear you'd be paying over the odds as mine's far more likely to have something go wrong/drop off at 11 years old..

Cheers,

Gaz

Seen your car 1st hand Gaz, its still a lovely car mate!;)

Thank you all for the input, much appreciated, however Mercedes are hardly inspiring one to take out such a costly warranty,, I will not be going that direction, if we keep the car, which I am in mind to at this time, we will put some of the potential warranty monies aside, and wing it:D TBH you could virtually lease a car for the monies they are wanting, not a merc admittedly, but nether the less a another car:(

Just take it for a proper ride and check if everything is ok with it before warranty expires. And don't forget about last free nav update before 3 years are up. I have repair booked next week with list of 4 things. Two of them are recurring/not fixed by MB since I got the car last year: rattling roof and wind noise from driver window. I was going to test it in Europe and see how bad is the noise from driver window at higher speeds but when I went it was snowing and never had a chance to drive fast.

It's going to be my first car outside of warranty period. Little experiment to see if it's really cheaper to keep older car to save on depreciation but not spend a fortune on repairs.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom