Tiff Needell axed from Fifth Gear

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bob6600

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
AUDI S8 V10, S210 E320 CDI (R.I.P.)
67 ?

Well, thank heavens Tiffany's still able to get into a car at his age. (Many 67 year olds struggle to get into a low slung car)

But seriously, I suspect that it might be something about rates and other commitments.

In the same way that it was no accident that Jeremy threw a punch and ended up having to reluctantly "give up" his million pound BBC contract to take on an Amazon deal worth ten times as much, and much more under his (and Andy's) control.

Ah well, at least we'll always have Series 1 from 2002.....

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited:
What great news,I never liked the guy,I have not watched 5th gear because he was on it,

Are car shows off YouTube even a thing now? Can't think of a single reason to watch 5th gear over the countless excellently produced professional YouTube counterparts.

I used to enjoy his presenting style, driving ability and the what appeared to be genuine enthusiasm.

He seems to have evolved a sort of grumpy old fart in the last few things I've seen albeit possibly joking.

So probably time to move on to pastures new.

That said, I couldn't tell you when I last watched 5th Gear as apart from the odd article, I never enjoyed any of it.

Won't be the same without him (assuming Fifth Gear ever comes back). Please don't replace him with Matt LeBlanc.

There's something about his relaxed, slightly jokey "old posh-bloke" style and genuine love of driving that suits a show about cars.

The fact that it actually IS about cars is a big plus in my book......other "motoring" shows should try it.

Tiff Needell axed from Fifth Gear
The new series of Fifth Gear begins on Quest on October 3, with Butler-Henderson, Jason Plato, Johnny Smith, Karun Chandhok, and engineer Jimmy de Ville as hosts. Needell out due to programme commisioners DISCOVERY CHANNEL according to the article------as the old saying goes-forget content its all about the ratings

Shame, quite liked him.

Stopped watching when Jason Plato joined the show.

Might be a daft question, but on which is Fifth Gear broadcast?

67 ?

Well, thank heavens Tiffany's still able to get into a car at his age. (Many 67 year olds struggle to get into a low slung car)

I'm pretty sure that he was racing at Goodwood (after Jackie Stewart drove a lap around the track) so not just able to climb in.

Mr. Needell seem to be a genuinly friendly bloke not like other stiff w@nkers. :rolleyes:

I can only assume that the programme producers or the advertisers they are selling to have determined he doesn't appeal to a big enough "demographic" any more. :confused: And as I said when selling advertising its all about the numbers
SACKED BY SPREADSHEET!:mad:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom