Tight ****d or what.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

WOODYTHEWISE

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
E 500 Coupe.
Has anyone seen or heard anything as tight as this.
Who in Gods name is going to purchase a used fuel filter.?
Air from a 6 month old tyre anyone?.

Seller will be lucky to send that through the post stinking of fuel!

Has anyone seen or heard anything as tight as this.
Who in Gods name is going to purchase a used fuel filter.?
Air from a 6 month old tyre anyone?.
Lots of people probably at half price , given a new one is £40 .

There is a healthy market for the charcoal fuel evaporation filters that are used in MBs , given the eye watering prices of new ones , and I myself put a used one similar to last in the list below in my SL .

Last edited:
Seller will be lucky to send that through the post stinking of fuel!
Wrap well in cling film , seal in a plastic bag ; no problem.

Pontoneer. Quite a few quotes for MB Related items.
This is a VW Audi inline diesel fuel filter costing circa £40. They are not rare or expensive.
As for out of date..i also doubt they are in danger of " breaking down " however, VW Audi air filters have " Expiry date : None.
Why have an expiry date if they are infinitely viable.🤔

Moved into a house in Scotland and seller had removed the light bulbs :rolleyes:

I recall buying a house where the previous owner had also removed all of the toilet rolls and because I refused to pay her £2500 that she wanted for the carpets that she claimed had cost her £5000 (10 years old and in poor condition and in areas smelling of dog pee!) she had the them removed including the stairs carpet. It saved me the trouble of taking them up and disposing off them and made decorating much easier :)

She also wanted me to buy her crappy upright Piano because it was "difficult to remove" I pointed out that they had managed to get it in so she could arrange for it to go or I would convert it into firewood.

Even the Estate Agent described her as "a difficult and challenging customer" My description was somewhat shorter :rolleyes:

Because I had simply viewed the item in question, I received this message this morning

Because you viewed this item, here’s a special offer.
A few other interested buyers also received this offer so it won’t last long. Hurry and take advantage of this offer right away.
Offer: £15.00
SITE_EMAIL_Tag.png
Discount
25%
SITE_EMAIL_Hotness.png
Offer valid
48h
SITE_EMAIL_Profile.png
Postage
Free
Genuine Audi Fuel Filter - Audi A4,A5,A6,A8,Q5,Q7 - 8T0127401A
Genuine Audi Fuel Filter - Audi A4,A5,A6,A8,Q5,Q7 - 8T0127401A
Item ID: 233593037359
Buy it now price: £20.00
Your offer: £15.00
Offer expires: 07-Jun 08:24:39 BST
Seller: delboymk(2,734)

Pontoneer. Quite a few quotes for MB Related items.
This is a VW Audi inline diesel fuel filter costing circa £40. They are not rare or expensive.
As for out of date..i also doubt they are in danger of " breaking down " however, VW Audi air filters have " Expiry date : None.
Why have an expiry date if they are infinitely viable.🤔
I think £40 is quite expensive: when I’ve bought MB inline fuel filters in the past they’ve been around a tenner .

my listed examples show that people do buy and sell used items .

Kind of reminds me of some of the outright and utter $hit people were trying to sell at car boot sales years ago (I have not been to one for years) . One item springs to mind....a completely filthy computer keyboard (you know the ones £8.99 brand new from Argos) when I say filthy , this once cream/white keyboard was literally black with years of accumulated grease. It more than likely came to the car boot sale from a garage mechanic via a skip.

The bloke wanted £5 for it.

Reactions: 219

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom