Time and Date

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

IAN17

Car
Mercedes Benz S 320 CDI
I have recently got a 2006 Mercedes S 320 CDI
I'm trying to change date and time by the instructions. It says ensure GPS is off which I've done but I can only set time. Date does not even show on nav screen and I can only set time by hour and the minutes by half hour . Can someone put me right. I'm sure there's a simple solution

Hi … this is a well known fault on the ‘s’. It has now been recognised by MB and if you go to a dealer there is a software update they can do (they will also probably remove your ‘trousers’ for the privilege of fixing their fault!!!!)
If your Ok with a simple fix ( but you have to do it twice a year when the clocks change) then do the following BUT it must be done before you start the car for the 1st time that day.
Do NOT put foot on brake
Press start button ONCE (key position one) this wakes up command
Set clock in normal way using command then exit
Clock should spin to correct time!
I’m told you only have about 60sec to complete this before the GPS wakes up and blocks it.
I personally am not fussed about the date because it is not displayed anywhere in car.
Hope this helps

I had S 320 with same problem I reset it and it just changed back , I was told when it picks up the wright satellite signal it will be ok , as far as I remember it never did , can’t remember if that’s the one I got a update pirate disc for and it worked , sorry but my memories poor.

I can only set the new time (minutes) in 15 min increment, eg at 15,30,45 or 00 so need to be in the car ready to change the time at quarter past, half past etc. Have no problem with the hour changes using command, but as already said the date is long gone but not worried about that.

Hi … this is a well known fault on the ‘s’. It has now been recognised by MB and if you go to a dealer there is a software update they can do...

This clock fix update can be applied by the car owner too. Just download the DVD image from Daimler service pages, needs subscription, or from some internet sites, preferably with instructions.

My cls time change is chaos too. and of course by the time I have to change it again (twice a year) I have forgotten mow I did it and have to start again. Always takes about 15 mins of trial and error and not a little swearing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom