Time for a change

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

comports

Car
CLK 350 Cabriolet
Hi Guys n gals,

I have enjoyed incredibly my CLK 320 Cab but it has to go. I;m starting a new job soon where I'll have ot drive 120 miles there and back each day and want something more economical. Was looking for a CLK D Cab but understand merc don;t make em.... :(

So - My question is - What should I replace it with. I'd like a cabriolet (for the fun factor, I must be diesel, not too big or too small. I guess I'm thinking Audi A4 Cab so far but any other suggestions..?

Cheers

Oh - and anyone want to buy my 53 plate CLK 320 Cab, 65,000 miles in excellent condition..? :)

saab is nice soft top,i just got rid of a 9-3 tid estate 07 reg and it was producing about 45 mpg local and up to 58 on a run.

Last edited:
hmm - Saab - didn't think of them.. Nice cars

E Class is too big I think..

I have a Range Rover 3.0 Vogue for bad weather and if I want a big wafty vehicle so looking for a bit of fun that will return some good mpg, small enough for me alone but big enough for wifey and our 5 year old in the back.

So far an A4 seems to tick the boxes but will look out for a Saab as well.

Any others...?

Also - Any Idea on what my 53 CLK 320 Cab (A209) would be worth to move on.? I've not looked and only made the decision to move on today really..

I have a Range Rover 3.0 Vogue for bad weather and if I want a big wafty vehicle so looking for a bit of fun that will return some good mpg, small enough for me alone but big enough for wifey and our 5 year old in the back.

Any others...?

Also - Any Idea on what my 53 CLK 320 Cab (A209) would be worth to move on.? I've not looked and only made the decision to move on today really..
prob worth next to nothing as im interested lol

Just my opinion.... a diesel cab may be noisy to the ear...especially when first started. Our V6 diesel is noisy (startup especially) and loud in terms of decibel volume (they are naturally loud all the time)... Can a diesel cab can give the luxury and quietness of a petrol cab?

Hi Guys n gals,

I Was looking for a CLK D Cab but understand merc don;t make em....

They don't make a CLK diesel cab, but it was effectively replace with the E Class Convertible, which is a 4 seater cab, that competes with the BMW and Audi, and comes in 4 pot and 6 pot guise.

Don't know what your budget is though, but may be worth a look.

Edit: Just read your post about the E class being too big, the C207 shares approx 60% of the components with the E Class 212, but it is definitely smaller than the W212 saloon, worth a look if in budget.

Last edited:
A4 cabs there are problems with the roof motors the bushes but enjoyed mine
I have e220 now cab

A4 and Saab are dull to drive.

330d Convertible would be excellent.

Any others...?

I have to admit I'm not a fan (on principle alone) but have you considered the SLK250 diseasel? You could take out wife/offspring, just not both at the same time. Apparently 50 MPG is achievable in commuting terms and you'll still have the RR for family duties..

Cheers,

Gaz

I would highly recommend the E cab(A207), which was the direct replacement for the CLK. both were based on the C class platforms, but have E class spec level.

If after a diesel, there is a range available: 220, 250 or 350 diesels. You will find that 93-95% used e cabs are diesel anyway
You should easily be able to achieve 40-50mpg if commuting long distance depending on engine & driving style.

We have the 350CDi which is fab :D

Last edited:
E class cab. 350 cdi lump !!! :thumb:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom