Time for a Change

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Beautiful car.....still look fresh despite their age and the engine note is glorious

Lovely Maser Jules.

Prefer the new wheels to the old ones although I do prefer them in black personally.

Sofisticato Blu with the light interior would be the combination I went for but alas I could not fit in one despite trying on three different occasions!

That 4.7 flat-plane crank V8 does sound amazing though. Especially in sport mode.

I do like the look of the Fiat Coupe.

PS: N said to me the other day she is still very happy with the car and to thank you guys!

Lovely Maser Jules.

Prefer the new wheels to the old ones although I do prefer them in black personally.

Sofisticato Blu with the light interior would be the combination I went for but alas I could not fit in one despite trying on three different occasions!

That 4.7 flat-plane crank V8 does sound amazing though. Especially in sport mode.

I do like the look of the Fiat Coupe.

PS: N said to me the other day she is still very happy with the car and to thank you guys!
Thanks John and good to hear from you. I can remember your threads on the Granturismo and it’s a shame you couldn’t pursue one due to your height. It’s not the initial colour combo I was going to go for, as I quite like Grigio Alfieri with a light interior. But when this came up for sale I couldn’t resist.

The Fiat Coupe is fantastic. It’s about 95% of where I want it to be. It looks stunning and drives so well (obviously in my opinion as it’s a very marmite car). It’s a relatively low mileage 2001 Plus in Pearl White which was very rare on RHD versions, in fact it wasn’t offered in the UK.

Great to read Nat is still enjoying the Audi.

210258CB-89A1-4571-9F38-055142EA9C03.jpeg27BA74A8-29F4-42DE-9A9A-4A62A6381CA1.jpeg26F62AC4-A887-4CD1-8C38-765C0421D2A8.jpeg65008EB1-72C0-4040-9746-A24B58FC3129.jpeg

Thanks John and good to hear from you. I can remember your threads on the Granturismo and it’s a shame you couldn’t pursue one due to your height. It’s not the initial colour combo I was going to go for, as I quite like Grigio Alfieri with a light interior. But when this came up for sale I couldn’t resist.

The Fiat Coupe is fantastic. It’s about 95% of where I want it to be. It looks stunning and drives so well (obviously in my opinion as it’s a very marmite car). It’s a relatively low mileage 2001 Plus in Pearl White which was very rare on RHD versions, in fact it wasn’t offered in the UK.

Great to read Nat is still enjoying the Audi.

I can't say I didn't try with them! With the seat fully back and at its lowest, my head literally sits against that chunky inner roofline putting my head at a slight angle. So disappointing!

I do like them in dark grey too actually. I still have a peruse now and again and I find those two colours are the best. I could go for the open top but it's not really my thing and the seat doesn't go back far enough anyway!

I drove a new bright yellow Fiat Coupe 20v Turbo back in 1999. It was the company car of one of the managers at the company I worked for at the time. I had an L reg E36 325i coupe which was reasonably fast by the standards of the day but this Fiat noticeably quicker. I'd not driven a turbo up to that point I don't think.

What do you have to do to the Fiat?

Yes - really chuffed with it. It gets parked on a busy street so has collected some more unintentional cosmetic alterations but mechanically it's perfect. Drove really well when I tested it out for her when she thought it had an issue at one point but wasn't sure. It was fine mind.

God, what cars @Cyclone1....

Going from the CLS with epic power into a tesla model 3 performance and now into those beauties.

Sir you have good taste in cars.... I hope the sound from the Maserati is like thunder.

Love the Fiat.

A couple of decades ago some IT guys worked for me who owned both Fiats and Alfa, and it was a regular debate as to which trumped the other.

Great cars, and great value - as long as it's not the only car in the fleet.

I can't say I didn't try with them! With the seat fully back and at its lowest, my head literally sits against that chunky inner roofline putting my head at a slight angle. So disappointing!

I do like them in dark grey too actually. I still have a peruse now and again and I find those two colours are the best. I could go for the open top but it's not really my thing and the seat doesn't go back far enough anyway!

I drove a new bright yellow Fiat Coupe 20v Turbo back in 1999. It was the company car of one of the managers at the company I worked for at the time. I had an L reg E36 325i coupe which was reasonably fast by the standards of the day but this Fiat noticeably quicker. I'd not driven a turbo up to that point I don't think.

What do you have to do to the Fiat?

Yes - really chuffed with it. It gets parked on a busy street so has collected some more unintentional cosmetic alterations but mechanically it's perfect. Drove really well when I tested it out for her when she thought it had an issue at one point but wasn't sure. It was fine mind.
Such a shame but plenty of other cars to mull
over.

The Fiat just needs a few trim and aesthetic items completing. I’m trying to keep it looking as original as possible, with original parts so it’s a bit of a challenge. But I’m very happy with it.

God, what cars @Cyclone1....

Going from the CLS with epic power into a tesla model 3 performance and now into those beauties.

Sir you have good taste in cars.... I hope the sound from the Maserati is like thunder.
Thank you.

The sound of the Maserati now that I have subtly enhanced it is incredible. Not too loud, but very distinctive.

I had a run out in this a couple of weeks ago, a beautiful GTS a friend has recently bought. Sounds amazing and was good to get back in an AMG…..
F561CB36-352D-4426-B063-D30DC62371F4.jpeg1162D9C8-B801-482C-A691-E2FE18CC745F.jpegE6FB4B5C-FC1E-43BF-879E-0CB3525B94E6.jpeg0F049F29-B0EA-4885-80C0-94187A170FB9.jpeg

Reactions: AMV
Love the Fiat.

A couple of decades ago some IT guys worked for me who owned both Fiats and Alfa, and it was a regular debate as to which trumped the other.

Great cars, and great value - as long as it's not the only car in the fleet.
Yes I love it. I’ve owned both the Fiat Coupe and Alfa GTV 3.0 V6 in the past and for me the Fiat is the one that pulls on the heart strings. There’s no doubt that the busso engine in the Alfa is creamy and makes a great noise, but you have to work it quite hard and I never felt right in the car itself, sort of detached if that makes sense. I’m sure both will attain classic status in years to come

There’s no doubt that the busso engine in the Alfa is creamy and makes a great noise, but you have to work it quite hard and I never felt right in the car itself, sort of detached if that makes sense. I’m sure both will attain classic status in years to come
Yep, that was the gist of their conclusion too.

The challenge for the future classic status is finding, and maintaining, perfect, low mileage examples.

I keep seeing cars I sold in the 80's for £5 - 10k being sold for around £50k now.

But, truth be told, thirty-five years on, the ones being sold now are in far better condition than the ones I sold, and have done tiny mileages.

Buy 'em and use 'em because you love them, and because it's WAY cheaper than a motor that's less than a decade old.

A lad I used to play football with 20+ years ago had the Fiat. It was a right big mad grin machine!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom