Time for a Fuel Protest in Shropshire !!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

De_Godfather

Car
Mercedes W124 3.6 AMG Conversion
I live in Telford, and work in Shrewsbury, sometimes commuting 6 or 7 days a week. With the present cost of fuel, it feels that I work just to fill my fuel tank up. I have a Passion for vehicles as do most of you guys and gals on here, but it seems that the government just wants to screw us over at every given opportunity.

There is only so much that we as the general public can take either we keep suffering or we bite back , and I am not going to give up without a
Fight!!!. I am proposing a go slow protest on Saturday 21st June starting at 8am from Dobbies island Shrewsbury to Junction 4 on the M54 services.

Should anyone on this forum or their friends be interested please put just a name and car down and start a list. I have spoken to a few Trucking or are more than happy to join in our convey, lets try and make an impact. I will try and get the media involved too. Any input from members is welcomed

We have to get numbers!!! in order to make an impact so please join in, this is to try and benefit each and everyone of us !

i'm too far away but good luck

I'd LOVE to join, but alas I too live too far away - you MAY be better off starting a facebook group!!! If you register with facebook you could perhaps get it out there to a wider audience.
Just a thought!

I will believe that when i see i it!

Yeah. I guess I should add a disclaimer there.

Disclaimer: I have absolutely no idea how oil gets from the barrel to the pump except that there is a refinery and a corporate bank account involved. And maybe a lorry or two. So if my last post was read while wearing rose coloured glasses it would probably be invisible.

Or something like that.

our diesel price has gone down by 2p and u/l has gone down by 1p this week...

Maybe you could do special pricing for the GTG....;)

http://www.independent.co.uk/enviro...-the-oil-crisis-has-hit-the-world-837477.html

Prices here are around €1.30 for petrol, and around €1.42 for diesel. Even when the "barrel" prices come down, it definitely doesn't get passed on to the same percentage degree that it is when it goes up. Hard to imagine that when I bought an E240 in 2003 it was around €0.75/litre here! That's double the price in 5 years.

"Crude prices have risen 89 percent in the past year, while gas prices are up only 27 percent"

It's a similar ratio over here. If the pump price was mirroring the barrel price it would be a lot more painful than it already is!

sorry to be the bearer of bad news but diesel is going up by at least 4p next week... petrol may well follow.
fill yer tanks up!

I feel for you in that industry... there has been massive growth in haulage, i bet it must be tailing off now...

Are you putting prices up to reflect it? Silly question i guess, you would have to..

I feel for you in that industry... there has been massive growth in haulage, i bet it must be tailing off now...

Are you putting prices up to reflect it? Silly question i guess, you would have to..

I wish, but not possible.
I signed a 5 yr deal with a company 3 yrs ago.
I got a very good rate at the time to allow for future fuel price increases.
In the last year, my daily fuel bill has gone up £100 for each lorry.
I only managed to get a £36 per day increase and that was 3 months ago.
If I complain too much, they will just get a foreign company to do it.:crazy:

blimey... well we all hope its not going to rise too much more... the stock holding costs for us make things very tight at times..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom