Time for a new SLK?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CaptainRAVE

Car
SLK55 AMG Diamond White
Test driving this tomorrow (had to split the link in half due to it getting starred out!):

masons hitchin.co.uk/vehicle/mercedes-slk-55-amg/

Curious how it will feel in comparison to mine.

IMG_0515.jpg

My new toy! I cannot stop grinning. Pick it up next Sunday. I have never liked these as much in pictures, but in person it absolutely blew me away.

Next to my current SLK55 it really does look a lot better in person and SO much more comfortable.

I will post thoughts on driving after I have driven it a bit more!

Would you like a lovely SLK private plate to compliment it? :D

Picking her up tomorrow :D

Shame about the combination of road salt and rain :(

What does the wife think about it being parked in the front room?

Not some thing I could get away with

image.jpg

Well I finally have her home, such horrible weather for the first drive! She drives beautifully - so responsive and so controlled. Have only driven in Eco mode so far, but the gear changes are so smooth (I don't even notice it changing) and the steering so light and precise. Seems to have much better torque across the band compared to my previous 55. The suspension is more comfortable (not the optional performance version - a welcome change actually) and the car feels significantly more planted. The engine note is fantastic too, even with the roof up and in Eco mode - significantly better than my R171 with xpipe.

I did, however, fill up with regular unleaded 95Ron, only to read in the manual to only put super unleaded 98Ron in....oops!

Very rainy today, so gave her a quick hose down before all the grime dried on. Seems to have a decent layer of protection, so all came off easily.

Need a sunny day to put the top down, put it into sport mode and give it the beans :D

image.jpg

Absolutely stunning. I truly hope we'll be blessed with some great weather this year so you can fully enjoy the car.

Enjoy...................

Ant.

I especially hope for great weather for Benz on the Green!

I test drove a SLK350 when I owned a CLK500 and was amazed at how much more planted the SLK was to the CLK. I was tempted by an SLK55, but opted for something with five seats and four doors.

I also like the facelift front end. Gives it an air of respectability. And the colour. Suits it perfectly.

I'll bet you'll be grinning from ear to ear when we have good weather.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom