Time for Tyres - help please...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hi Howard
these look to be a very good spec, looks decent, price is very nice v continentals
i would be interested in your thoughts
if driven hard (or normally with 457bhp & 443 lb/ft :rolleyes:)they are unlikely to wear any quicker - i only get 6700 miles out of the rears - how do you find grip in dry...also in the wet
if they only last 3500 miles the cost is the same
traction is the issue for me
thanks
Mika

I had P zero's on my V12 488 BHP car [ beat you LOL] they where great in the dry, but no tyre will be good with that sort of power, if the road is slighty damp. That's where the traction control is king> If you drive your car mostly in the dry P zero's are great!

Attachments

• PICT0007.JPG
    PICT0007.JPG
    93.9 KB · Views: 120
Hi Blaser
I have a set of Bridgestone's the same size/ type as your original tyres, they have done about 3000 miles, from memory the backs are like new and the fronts are about the same with just a slight bit of scrubbing to the outside, they are over £1100 new so i will sell for £599 plus post.[ about £30 i would think] or you can collect for free near Cambridge. Let me know if you are interested and i will check the depth properly and post a pic.
Grant

Yes I think I would be interested, can u send/post pics please?! I have also send you an PM just in case....

The front's have 6.5mm in the outside band and the other three bands have 7mm.

The rears have 7mm all the way across.

They all still have the colored marks in between the treads!.
8 mm is the depth when new.
Pic's fronts, rears, and all.
I will send you a pm with my tel. no.
Grant

Attachments

• P1000810.jpg
    P1000810.jpg
    158.4 KB · Views: 111
  • P1000811.jpg
    P1000811.jpg
    180.2 KB · Views: 111
  • P1000812.jpg
    P1000812.jpg
    227 KB · Views: 111
Not sure if you got my PM as it is not showing up in My sent PM's?

I think you will find that new tyres are 8mm when new.
Here's my mobile 07941114919 just in case you did not get the PM.
Grant

Hello guys, This is quite urgent now, I have been banging on about tyres for a while but I was told there was still life in mine so I didn't bother but as it is now, I need a new set ASAP. Any recommendation please.

PS: it currently has

bridgestone potenza re050a 255/35 19" 96Y on the front

bridgestone potenza re050a 285/30 19" 98Y on the back

Contis are normally very decent tyres, I run premium and winter contacts on the W124 and they have good grip, reasonably quiet and very compliant. Sorry I can't offer any advice on those for an SL, but I doubt you can go too wrong with Contis.

Recomending tyres is almost as difficult as recomending a partner! They make such a difference to your relationship with the car, yet people have different priorities and tastes!
The new Conti 5P is a Mercedes approved tyre and whilst I have no personal experience of this tyre, I'm sure you can't go far wrong.
I did drive a new CLS on excatly the same size of tyres as yours last week and was resonably impressed with the Pirelli Rosso. These seem to be about £100 a set cheaper than Conti.
Both my current CLS and my previous S class run Dunlops SP01's and I can find little to fault with these....unlike some of the Bridgestones I've run recently:(
It's your call!;)

I've just put 2 Falken ZE912's on the front, they're quiet grip well in the dry and the wet, best of all I got them for £85 each....the local tyre place had them on offer :bannana:

I've had Vredsteins and Conti's on the W140 and both wore down at an alarming rate....though that might be something to do with the 140 being built like a tank!

We'll see how these Falkens wear given time.

I have just fitted 4 x Vredestines to my Vito and are very good and so quite.
They get a very good report, Google them.

I have just fitted Pilot Sport 3 onto my CLS having previously had Conti's. Would not but Conti's again as have had a problem with the tyres sidewall cracking around where tread meets the sidewall. Almost as if it is going to delaminate. Speaking to a number of different retailers who all say this is a common problem.

Continental ContiSportContact3 if price is not an issue, you will not find finer. Wish i'd tried them a lot sooner than I did :doh: It's true what the say though "You get what you pay for"

Have these now been replaced by the "5"s ?

Continental Tires -ContiSportContact

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom