Time to cancel sky again ?????

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Our package is £117.99 pm. That’s for 4 Q mini boxes, 2T hard drive, sports, films, entertainment package, and sky broadband and talk....

For those wanting to change can I urge you to call sky rather than try and change your package on line. I did it online to a fantastic package, which not only saved me money but have me extra channels. After I had clicked through everything and accepted it the e mail I received with the offer was totally different and, crucially, more expensive. I phoned sky to complain but they could not find any trace of the initial package I was offered and thought I was signing up for. I asked to go back to the package I previously had but was told that it wasn't possible as it was an old package, my only choices was too accept it or cancel sky completely. Took me a millisecond to say go ahead and cancel me then, which surprised the bloke I was talking to. They put me through to cancellations and while he started the process asked me while I wanted to leave sky, I explained I didn't want to leave as I had a full package and phone/fibre and I explained the whole process. The cancel guy had a look, changed a few things, gave me some discounts and came up with a price which was even cheaper than the package is recently signed up for. I asked him to send the details through while I was on the phone which he did and I'm now paying £83 for full sky packages including cinema catch up etc (no sport though), Netflix and faster fibre.
Sorry for the long post.

The cancel guy had a look, changed a few things, gave me some discounts and came up with a price which was even cheaper than the package is recently signed up for. I asked him to send the details through while I was on the phone which he did and I'm now paying £83 for full sky packages including cinema catch up etc (no sport though), Netflix and faster fibre.
Sorry for the long post.

That sort of matches with our experience with Sky and organisations. If you phone then you discover that there are better deals.

The retentions departments (or whatever they call them these days) seem to be a bit more difficult to engage with than maybe a decade ago. But once you get that engagement you can still get good results. You have to be motivated.

I was paying around £120 from memory, thought this is getting out of hand, so phoned them. Told the guy it was ridiculous so he immediately transferred me to someone who could do some thing. After playing with numbers, its now £84. Just copied from my bill what we have. He did say we as we were long term customers (21 years) he would do his best. Could be BS, but i'm fairly happy:) unless someone can burst my bubble:mad:
Sky Q, Sky Signature, Sports (Complete package, Cinema, Sports HD, Sky HD, Multiscreen, Ultra HD, Sky Talk Anytime (no call charges). Broadband Superfast

I was paying:

£22 Ultrafast Broadband (fastest I could get here)
£39 Variety
£14 Sky+ HD Pack

Next bill will be £22 as cancelled the TV.

I was paying:

£22 Ultrafast Broadband (fastest I could get here)
£39 Variety
£14 Sky+ HD Pack

Next bill will be £22 as cancelled the TV.
Don't you still have to pay the monthly line rental for the BB?

In Dec 2014, I left Sky and joined Virgin as the monthly bill had gone above what I was prepared to pay.
I got the same package with Virgin for £30 a month, saving myself £29 a month into the bargain.

Fast forward to 2018 and Virgin had gone up to £55 a month and Sky were offering a similar package for £39 a month.
So I got onto Virgin asking if they could match the Sky deal. Sorry, cant match that but we'll defer the upcoming £5 a month increase!
So I cancelled and went with Sky.
I must have had 4 calls from Virgin asking me to reconsider, but it was too late, I'd signed with Sky. The cancellation team couldn't understand why I wasn't offered a matching deal and said they would do it for £39pm. Sorry, should have made the offer first call.

So I'll just trade one against the other to get what I need at a price I'm prepared to pay. Anything above £60 a month has no chance. I'll stream it all. What I have noticed is how all broadband suppliers have upped the prices considerably over the last 5 years. Back in 2014 I was paying £8 a month. Now its closer to £30.
It's new big rip off unless you hadn't already noticed.

I switch my Broadband when it comes round, usually go between Sky/BT/Vodafone.

Last time I switched to Sky for 18 months in November 2019 it was:

Sky Broadband Ultrafast 1

£ 44.00
18 months In-Contract Discount-£ 5.00
18 months Broadband Subscription Discounted-£ 17.00
£ 22.00

Sky Talk Anytime Extra

£ 8.00
18 months Sky Talk Call Package Discounted-£ 8.00
£ 0.00

I'll be swithing again before the summer unless Sky can do a deal.

Does anyone actually used their landline to make calls anymore? We pay the very basic line rental (with 0% free calls) just to get the broadband. Unlimited calls on all our mobiles and with Wi-fi calling our landline phone is never needed.

Does anyone actually used their landline to make calls anymore? We pay the very basic line rental (with 0% free calls) just to get the broadband. Unlimited calls on all our mobiles and with Wi-fi calling our landline phone is never needed.
We’ve been in this house since Nov 18 and I’ve not used the house phone once. I don’t even know the number and I don’t know anybody else’s number either!!

Like you, I’ve got un-limited calls and texts.

I have to say that I am quite surprised at the amount some members are paying out each month for entertainment packages. I suppose SKY / Virgin ensures that you can only get the popular items (presumably Sport and Movies) as part of the more expensive packages?

We subscribed briefly to Netflix last year after buying a 4K TV but there were very few 4K films/programs available and of those, we had no interest in the majority so we decided to cancel. We have Amazon Prime but that is mainly for delivery and not for the included programming.

In terms of watching TV now, I have no idea what is on and rarely check the schedules, madam will flick through the guides occasionally and see if there is anything of interest such as the very good current BBC Rick Stein series on Cornwall.

If the TV broke down I would seriously consider not replacing it, we have Tablets or Laptops we could use for catch-up.

Currently, I do watch a lot of tv and have sky netflix and prime, less than £25/week which is around what I pay just to insure and tax my SL, so a bargain in my eyes......

Managed to reduce my bill by £10 month and get the latest wifi router for £0.00

Sky Signature tv pack, Broadband Superfast and Boost.

Your new monthly total is: £46.5

Let’s break that down:

TV at £20.5
Sky Broadband £24
Sky Broadband Boost £2

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom