Time to cancel sky again ?????

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

poormansporsche

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
W209
Currently paying £80 a month.

What's the best rates cancellors have got lately?

Not bothering with movies anymore or hd. Need entertainment and multiroom, possibly Netflix and Spotify and that's about it ?

Cheers

I just cancelled.

They didn't do much on the phone to keep me but then I'd have needed it for free.

I just have the basic Sky package with internet for £43pm. It was £39 a month when I signed up in Sept '19.
Once it goes over £45 it will be cancelled.
Thanks to daughter, we also have Netflix and I stream everything I want to see extra from an android box.

We pay £80pm for broadband, line rental, sky F1, Sky cinema, box sets, HD, main box plus 2 bedrooms.
I haven’t a scooby if that’s good or bad. What I do know is we certainly get our uses from it. Always lots on the planner and ready to watch.

We also have access to Netflix thanks to my Manc nephew’s account. 🙂

Unfortunately living in cooontry broadband is not reliable enough to watch full time and we have the biggest TV antenna in the south east within a quarter of a mile from my house which seems to block terrestrial and digital TV so we are stuck with sky.

Standard sky entertainment pack is £29 and 2 X multiroom and boxes is £14, Spotify £10 and multiuser Netflix is £10. So what's the best peeps have got for any of those ?

What are you getting for £80pm? That's about what I pay for BTTV - line rental, 500 min/month phone, TV Entertainment package including extra room (2nd BTTV box), HD BTSport, top of the line fibre halo internet so I can use daughter's Netflix account and our Amazon Prime (which I may soon cancel!) as well as all the catch-up services which is brilliant ATM as it looks like your masthead amp has cratered so can't get most Freeview channels (thankfully have Freesat on main TV!). However, I'm not happy at paying £150pa for TV licence then another £1kpa for internet and TV, but it's about the only way I can get European footie, MotoGP etc!

Currently £29 entertainment, multiroom £14, box sets £5, kids £5, movies £20, Spotify £10

🙈🙉🙊

Last edited:
We pay £80pm for broadband, line rental, sky F1, Sky cinema, box sets, HD, main box plus 2 bedrooms.
I haven’t a scooby if that’s good or bad. What I do know is we certainly get our uses from it. Always lots on the planner and ready to watch.

Christ Ant, that's over £1,000, a year you must all have square eyeballs, better to buy a nice Chess set teach the family and save thousands, I've played for years, taught my son and daughter when they were small, and my granddaughter six years ago ,she was seven. This Christmas my daughter bought me a new set, will try and post a picture. Watch "The Queens Gambit" that may even get you started,it'll do you more good. And a happy and prosperous new year to you and yours.👍

Christ Ant, that's over £1,000, a year you must all have square eyeballs, better to buy a nice Chess set teach the family and save thousands, I've played for years, taught my son and daughter when they were small, and my granddaughter six years ago ,she was seven. This Christmas my daughter bought me a new set, will try and post a picture. Watch "The Queens Gambit" that may even get you started,it'll do you more good. And a happy and prosperous new year to you and yours.👍
We played plenty of chess over Christmas Peter. Good old fashioned family fun. 🥳

Same to you and yours fella. Nice to see you posting again. 👍

I'd say its alright.

We're paying similar.
£89 per month to Sky.

That gets Sky Fibre unlimited(or whatever its called these days), Sky talk/line rental, Sky entertainment, Sky sports complete, multiroom & Sky ultimate.
Sky ultimate includes Netflix, and because I've got Sky Q, with HD, then Netflix is the Ultra HD version, which would normally be £11.99 separately with Netflix.

I’m teaching my 5-year old daughter chess. She’s doing well with the basics.

Sky's best offers have been over Black Friday. Last year was £25 base + 50% off all packages. The year before it was 50% off everything, which is what I have. All channels including Netflix HD (except BT sports and other stand alone premium channels) is £60 a month. This also includes multiroom for which we have 3 boxes, 1 free and the other two @£30 each

Sky's best offers have been over Black Friday. Last year was £25 base + 50% off all packages. The year before it was 50% off everything, which is what I have. All channels including Netflix HD (except BT sports and other stand alone premium channels) is £60 a month. This also includes multiroom for which we have 3 boxes, 1 free and the other two @£30 each

Always used to get me the old Sky slogan, "Watch what you want when you want".
Unless you have paid for it and want to watch it in another room then we will make you pay again. ;)

Those were the days many moons ago when we manufactured our little Twoview device for Videocrypt. Brings back happy memories even the legal fight. :)

Will be ringing sky very soon, I pay £127 a month. Telephone line (don’t use ), broadband, sky sports, box sets, catch up, 3 multi room boxes.

This thread is pretty sobering for me. I’m sure I’m about £100 a month without multiroom and some of the other stuff mentioned.

Better get on to them....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom