Time to move on

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bigyin1

Car
'96 W124 300D
Afternoon all

Just a quick post to say thanks for the advice I've had over the years of owning my wonderful '96 W124 300D but the time has come to sell and move on i'm afraid. It is amazing the advice that people, many of wholm I have never met, freely gives, very much appreciated.

My family has out grown the Merc, and fortunately a company car is coming along so it has to go. It is by far the best car i've ever owned and I will definately get myself another Merc in the future, a W124 coupe 320 is at the top of my list but for the next wee while I'll be without a 3 pointed star :(.

The car is in the for sale section if anyone is interested:

http://www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/classifieds-cars-sale/125194-1996-w124-300d-7-seater.html

Thanks again.

Michael

Sad to see you're selling up, but there's no reason why you can't stick around on the forum and pass on some of the experience you've built up over the past 4 years.

Been a pleasure knowing you Michael.

Good Luck with the new motor. As Pete says, stick around.

CHEERS

By all means stay if you can - otherwise good luck with it all and come back when you get your 320 coupe!

good luck with the E300D sale. Stick around!

Cheers.

No bites yet other than the usual scammers :confused:

Maybe my price is too high?? I'll see how it goes this week and perhaps reduce to nearer the 2k mark, perhaps that is what is putting folk off.

the photos you have of the car let the advert down (only seen the photos in your MB Club album).

there is a child seat on the back seat, dirt on the drivers floor mat, and the lone photo of the exterior is of half the car.

take some new photos. It will take a while to find the right buyer to appreciate the car to pay the asking price, which if its in great condition should be a decent price if it doesnt require any work.

try ebay and a good advert and photos. See my alfa advert for a template - list the history, lots of colour, smallish text and lots of photos.

No, scammers came from my Pistonheads advert. - apparently it was a present for someones dad who worked abroad and they could pay me straight away once i'd paid a fee to release the funds....:rolleyes: I may not be the brightest button but I ain't that dumb.:cool:

Ok thanks, I'll get some new pictures done once i've given it a good clean and valet to remove the boys muddy pawprints...

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom