Time to move on...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
In Malta we drive on the left like in the UK so RHD cars are the norm.
My previous C43 got t-boned by a bus at a traffic light junction, according to the police report neither of us where at fault because both lights indicated right of way, but the case is still going and it's probably going to be a 50/50 split. Unfortunately the car got totalled beyond repair.

Sorry to hear about your former C43.

City traffic department should pay for your insurance deductable because they are responsible for traffic lights maintenance.
You and the bus driver were not at fault, it must have been something wrong with traffic lights?
Did bus driver hit you hard, did you have to go to hospital for surgery or anything else?
Cars are the weakest on the sides!

Did you take any pics of your car after the hit?

What was the options list on your car?
Fully loaded from factory?

Thanks

£5600 in March just before the whole lockdown thing.
£5600 in March just before the whole lockdown thing.
Yep you was right I would have got it much cheaper lol I payed him £7200, thats why I didn't see it though in march I still had mine I wasn't looking for another one it got written off on the 22nd. Still I'm glad I found this one my previous one had concerning rust issues lol

Sorry to hear about your former C43.

City traffic department should pay for your insurance deductable because they are responsible for traffic lights maintenance.
You and the bus driver were not at fault, it must have been something wrong with traffic lights?
Did bus driver hit you hard, did you have to go to hospital for surgery or anything else?
Cars are the weakest on the sides!

Did you take any pics of your car after the hit?

What was the options list on your car?
Fully loaded from factory?

Thanks
Yes hard but luckily no injuries, the car got hit on the passenger A pillar. It took the hit really well I have to say even if I had a passenger he would be unharmed apart from the window shattering.
Not much options just CD changer and Sunroof, but I think the colour was quite rare "Black Pearl" and it had the two tone seats. It had a lot of rust issues but the colour alone made me want to save it.
Now I sold it as donor car for a conversion on a Maltese w202. All have left are the 17" Monoblocks.

Attachments

• received_676094563127972.jpeg
    received_676094563127972.jpeg
    38.5 KB · Views: 19
  • FB_IMG_1593809873607.jpg
    FB_IMG_1593809873607.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 19
  • 20190615_175900.jpg
    20190615_175900.jpg
    119.2 KB · Views: 20
  • 20190615_180127.jpg
    20190615_180127.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 18
Thanks for sharing those pics.
That was really a nasty hit, entire car got whacked by the bus.
I assume you didn't have a passenger next to you that day?

There's not many C43 left today, they either rusted away or been written off from crash?

Went for a drive with my 43 today, it was a blast!
Haven't drove it for a week.

Are you going to drive your car in winter or are you going to garage it to save her from salty streets?

You'll have some more special order options in you new car, makes it a bit more special. :thumb:

Sorry to hear about your old car, that is a lovely colour!

I can send you the walk around video if you'd like as I still have it on my phone...

I also have all the work in progress photos of the sills being repaired, though I have lost the ones for the arches and wings, but rest assured they have been done!

Thanks for sharing those pics.
That was really a nasty hit, entire car got whacked by the bus.
I assume you didn't have a passenger next to you that day?

There's not many C43 left today, they either rusted away or been written off from crash?

Went for a drive with my 43 today, it was a blast!
Haven't drove it for a week.

Are you going to drive your car in winter or are you going to garage it to save her from salty streets?

You'll have some more special order options in you new car, makes it a bit more special. :thumb:
Nope no passenger, yes they are quite rare I'm glad I got the chance to buy another one.
Good to hear you are enjoying yours what colour is it?
Winters are not harsh here so no snow, still it probably won't see any rain anymore either and will always sleep inside from now on. 🙂

Nope no passenger, yes they are quite rare I'm glad I got the chance to buy another one.
Good to hear you are enjoying yours what colour is it?
Winters are not harsh here so no snow, still it probably won't see any rain anymore either and will always sleep inside from now on. 🙂

mine's 744 silver

I also have all the work in progress photos of the sills being repaired, though I have lost the ones for the arches and wings, but rest assured they have been done!
I do have pictures of the sills in progress, I'm glad the arches and wings have been done aswell. The rough spots I know of are under the battery, the bootfloor from underneath, and both inner panels.
Sure send it love to see more of the car till it finally gets here. 😊

How long is the wait until you have it..?

The car wasn't cleaned before I took the video (or the driveway as I'd been away working for a month! :confused:)

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I am glad it will be reaching an enthusiastic owner soon!

How long is the wait until you have it..?

The car wasn't cleaned before I took the video (or the driveway as I'd been away working for a month! :confused:)

I am glad it will be reaching an enthusiastic owner soon!
Don't worry about it, Monday is the day hopefully as it was supposed to arrive last monday. I am very happy about the purchase and I plan to hold on to it.
What kind of exhaust does it have? Cat delete?
And is the grill an original or a plastic one?
Bdw thanks for the videos.

It is a full stainless system from the manifold back with one cat removed. Most of the exhaust parts have MB numbers on them. It has the original tips. It was quite an expensive set up from what the guy I bought it from said!

The grille is a genuine MB part, as it had a Chinese copy that was rusting when I bought it. Dont think it is an original W202 part, but made from OEM parts at least!

I included a fair amount of spares when I sold it, including another MB grille, and will be disappointed to hear if he hasn't left all those goodies in the boot for you! Loads of spare parking sensors as well!

In Malta we drive on the left like in the UK so RHD cars are the norm.
My previous C43 got t-boned by a bus at a traffic light junction, according to the police report neither of us where at fault because both lights indicated right of way, but the case is still going and it's probably going to be a 50/50 split. Unfortunately the car got totalled beyond repair.

That's shocking.

How do you mean 'both lights indicated right of way'? Where both lights green? Or flashing yellow?

When I was in Malta, years ago, they didn't even have traffic lights!

Nice what options does it have?

Would say car is loaded.

xenons with wipers
Bose + navi CD player + CD changer
park sensors
fire extinguisher
power folding mirrors
auto dim mirror with garage door opener
power rear blind + side blinds
tow alarm
rain sensor

stock factory options:
power seats - black leather
cruise control
sunroof

tuned exhaust for more growl!
color coded door handles
genuine MB (2000) Avantgarde grille
MB sport pedals

Last edited:
It is a full stainless system from the manifold back with one cat removed. Most of the exhaust parts have MB numbers on them. It has the original tips. It was quite an expensive set up from what the guy I bought it from said!

The grille is a genuine MB part, as it had a Chinese copy that was rusting when I bought it. Dont think it is an original W202 part, but made from OEM parts at least!

I included a fair amount of spares when I sold it, including another MB grille, and will be disappointed to hear if he hasn't left all those goodies in the boot for you! Loads of spare parking sensors as well!
Nice I bet it sounds great, they didn't do avangardte grill for w202 but since it used original bits I thinks it's from a w210 which is nice.
He did leave me spares for it but didn't mention any grill. Was it the stock grill by any chance? These are the parts he showed me.

Attachments

• IMG-20200622-WA0002.jpg
    IMG-20200622-WA0002.jpg
    238.6 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG-20200707-WA0003.jpg
    IMG-20200707-WA0003.jpg
    249.3 KB · Views: 8

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom