Time to reduce the car fleet?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mike Walker

MB Enthusiast
Car
Mercedes W204 C220cdi Estate Ford Fiesta Mk 4
Change of Project location means me commuting by train rather than driving to work so we have one car too many.

W203 C Class is auto and has footbrake which my wife will not contemplate driving so it is currently sitting unused. :eek:

Fiat Punto is nearly 7 years old and whilst reliable may soon need attention so plan is to get rid of both cars and buy one newer vehicle but which one?:dk:

New car needs to be 4/5 doors and will be used for local trips and also regular visits to Son / Granddaughters in South Wales - round trip of 450 miles - plus holidays in Europe.

What does the Forum think we should purchase? Budget up to say £15K and Porsche is not on the list yet;)

190 is staying by the way.:)

A W204 Elegance of course! I've looked at plenty of differing engine sizes.

An R class, a seriously underrated vehicle and as such a real used bargain.

Thanks all - was thinking B Class/Ford Focus - new model/Volvo S40.....

W203 C Class is auto and has footbrake which my wife will not contemplate driving so it is currently sitting unused. :eek:

A W204 Elegance of course! I've looked at plenty of differing engine sizes.

Mercedes-Benz C Class C350 ELEGANCE 4DR AUTO 3.5 2008

this one was on my list but I didnt get to see it.

What am I missing??:confused:
Correct me if I'm mistaken but the W204 C350 has a foot-operated parking brake and is likely to be an automatic which means your wife won't drive it - unless that is the intention? :) I take it she won't drive the 190 either?

Doh! Got up too early this morning.

So any other thoughts on my original post apart from another Merc?

Mmmm was looking at those as well and I already have 16" alloys with winter tyres sitting in the garage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom