Time to say goodbye

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gramey

Car
2003 R230 SL350 Tellurium silver
Well after four for the most part trouble free years with my R230 SL350 it's time to say goodbye to it and the good folk on here who have helped me so much during my ownership, I know I've tried the patience of some on more than one occasion. I know it's a downgrade but I was looking for something more practical with lower running costs and I only have space for one car, I originally looked at buying a C350 of some description but I took this car for a test drive and it was a blast! Presumably due to being considerably lighter than my SL but with slightly more power it was definitely a joy to drive on the B roads that I like to drive on.
So once again thank you to all those who have helped me over the past four years, it may not always have seemed it but I really did appreciate it. 👍My Saab 9-3 Aero.jpg

Nice.

Still like the 9-3. A good choice for performance value
Had my Aero for 5 years until the V6 itch needed a scratch.
Assuming it's a 2L Aero, if so inclined, locate Saabnoob for a stage 1.

If it's standard and you think it's fast now, the 20 to 70 will surprise you once mapped
Watch the front springs on these though.

Enjoy

I clicked on this thread hoping to hear the Andrea Bocelli / Sarah Brightman version😆
Instead I got a photo of a very nice Saab👍

Great cars: loved them in the Nineties and my wife had a 2007 9-3 when the kids came along. Always reliable and crazy bargains. The only warning is about front end traction in the wet if being bold. Enjoy !

Saabs seem to age v. well. Bit like Porsches, you never see a rusty one. Is EX07 petrol or diesel?

Nice.

Still like the 9-3. A good choice for performance value
Had my Aero for 5 years until the V6 itch needed a scratch.
Assuming it's a 2L Aero, if so inclined, locate Saabnoob for a stage 1.

If it's standard and you think it's fast now, the 20 to 70 will surprise you once mapped
Watch the front springs on these though.

Enjoy
It is indeed a 2 litre Aero, currently mapped at 250 bhp but I may torture the front wheels a little more in the future! :)

Saabs seem to age v. well. Bit like Porsches, you never see a rusty one. Is EX07 petrol or diesel?
Petrol, I couldn't bring myself to completely hit rock bottom going from my SL to a Saab was bad enough, an oil burner would have been a step too far!:eek:

I really liked my Saab`s , a 9-3 Aero coupe + Sensonic coupe with the manual gearbox conversion.

Would have had another if they hadn`t went to the wall , a 9-5 Aero estate was next in the firing line at which point i was smitten by a CLS GE.

Still find myself looking a 9-3 Aero convertibles :rock:

K

It is indeed a 2 litre Aero, currently mapped at 250 bhp but I may torture the front wheels a little more in the future! :)
Watch what you aim for. Some mappers did not leave the torque limiter on 1st and also 2nd whereas Karl did and tempered second so it wasn't ever a nought to sixty car, but 20 to (ahem) 120 was very rapid for a 2L.

Much beyond a stage one 250 / 260 will makes demands of the clutch......

Have a great time with it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom