Time to swap my CLS 350 Shooting Brake for a CLS 63 Shooting Brake. Advice?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Well, ok if I must. But I warn you, it doesn’t involve getting an AMG. and this isn’t my confirmed choice yet, because this is me.

So I was doing some maths in the fuel costs for the regular, if not frequent, long drives I do to the continent. It’s not a small amount. It got me thinking that maybe sticking with a diesel might be better. I’ve seen some great value E350s around 2017 with loads of options that would then allow me to get something else for fun. Current thought...is an M6 *hides*

I stress this isn’t my final decision but it does seem to make sense...
Ultimately only you can answer why you’ve got the mental block with the CLS63 SB...

Reading between the lines though, you’re not a “100% of the time petrolhead“; you prefer to get your kicks on a weekend with something like a TVR and have a daily driver like the CLS CDI you just sold...If you were “100%” wild horses couldn’t keep you from spending your full budget on one car (like the CLS AMG...)

If all that is true, why didn’t you not just stick with the CLS and swap the TVR et al for something a little more GT like an SL63 for example?

More is lost through indecision than wrong decision...

I used to have a 6GC and it was a great car, so although an M6 does appeal, I'd probably opt for something different and a bit more practical.
Current thought...is an M6 *hides*
I stress this isn’t my final decision but it does seem to make sense...

Could be a great compromise you know its luggage capacity and can work out if its sufficient and you CAN be a petrol head everyday with an easily attainable 650bhp & 700lbft. Improving mpg and smiles per mile further. Bmw does this cylinder deactivation thingy I think that how the economy in these engines is so much better.

MG GC - CELTIC TUNING
20200924_082328.jpg

CLS63 AMG - CELTIC TUNING
20200924_082307.jpg

But only you can decide. Both beasts of cars. And I personally wish I had the M6 on my driveway right now, as was the plan.

Could be a great compromise you know its luggage capacity and can work out if its sufficient and you CAN be a petrol head everyday with an easily attainable 650bhp & 700lbft. Improving mpg and smiles per mile further. Bmw does this cylinder deactivation thingy I think that how the economy in these engines is so much better.

CLS63 AMG - CELTIC TUNING
View attachment 102521

But only you can decide. Both beasts of cars. And I personally wish I had the M6 on my driveway right now, as was the plan.
LOL, I have that map from Celtic in mine. 680BHP and 780lbft on Surrey Rolling Road.

Ahem....

CLS 63S AMG, seven miles after leaving clacket lane services on the M25...

39C7263D-52D4-4F1A-952A-42C59B618378-1024x768.jpeg

;)

Ahem....

CLS 63S AMG, seven miles after leaving clacket lane services on the M25...

39C7263D-52D4-4F1A-952A-42C59B618378-1024x768.jpeg

;)
Down hill? In neutral?

So the buyer of my TVR was supposed to transfer funds today before collection tomorrow.

He’s just decided to pull out and I’m extremely annoyed. This other car search will have to go on hold until I find another buyer. Hopefully days rather than weeks but who knows

nope, not going to reply anymore until back in a position to buy (in this thread anyway!), as I'm sure everyone is sick of me flip flopping and indecision! See you all soon!

LOL, I have that map from Celtic in mine. 680BHP and 780lbft on Surrey Rolling Road.

Is everything else standard? Without larger down pipes and turbos, I would say that's a bit far for an M157..... you are well into rod bending territory.

Is everything else standard? Without larger down pipes and turbos, I would say that's a bit far for an M157..... you are well into rod bending territory.
Pretty standard outputs for a stage 1 remap from what I've seen.

Yep. That is probably outside “safer” figures

Yes, the M157 can handle the power easy. My M278 is running 670bhp and is my daily driver.
Can I ask what you've had done to your M278 please?

According to who?

MSL have turned their figures down to similar ones posted above for exactly the reason of preserving the engine.

Didn't you know??? Forum sofa experts!!! 🤣😂😝😂🤣😝😂

Ignore them.

So the buyer of my TVR was supposed to transfer funds today before collection tomorrow.

He’s just decided to pull out and I’m extremely annoyed. This other car search will have to go on hold until I find another buyer. Hopefully days rather than weeks but who knows
Do you have a link for your TVR sale?

Do you have a link for your TVR sale?

Actually I have just done another deal this morning, it looks like it's sold again, I hope it goes through this time. But here is the link in case it doesn't:

Actually I have just done another deal this morning, it looks like it's sold again, I hope it goes through this time. But here is the link in case it doesn't:

Nice car that. A friend of mine had a Tuscan S and he ended up swapping it for a SLK55 years ago (after the Tuscan decided to incinerate both of it cats in traffic).

I would have dearly loved a Cerbera 4.5 but just too fragile :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom