Time to take a back seat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

evdok

MB Enthusiast
Car
BMW 330D xDRIVE M/SPORT INDIVIDUAL
Well guys & gals its been an interesting 8.5 years on this forum & the time has come to move on, sadly not to Mercedes but most likely BMW, my pride & joy of almost 9 years went to a good home yesterday after a middle aged retired couple fell in love with it, in fact they were so pleased with it, they forgot to ask for service paperwork, mot, logbook, until i mentioned them!, They turned up in a 2008 S211 320CDI SPORT, & mine out shined theres big time:D, i shall never forget there exact words....he said " The only time i have ever seen such a clean car was at a dealers showroom", i was so pleased when i heard him say that, it felt so rewarding, when we went indoors to sort the cash he's wife said " we're not even going to embarrass our selves to haggle with the price" so i was paid full price which to be honest i wasn't prepared to drop more than £50, at least it would have covered there fuel. I shall still be visiting the forum to give my tuppence worth.

Cheers guys & thank you to all who helped over the years:thumb:

[YOUTUBE]9N6lhZcXlJE[/YOUTUBE]

Hey - Dont be a stranger. No need to leave the forum too. Please "indicate" (as you are perhaps moving to BM) your intention to stay.

+1 No need to leave the forum just because the Merc has gone.

Hang around a post some pics of your BM and the differences between owning that and a MB.

Noooo im not going anywhere:eek:, i shall be sitting in the back row listening & occasionally putting my hand up:thumb:, & of course i shall show off my new wheels as soon as i find a nice one.

Please do not buy a pile of rubbish 5 series.

Let us know how you find the BMW, especially the dealer service, the W211 I've brought from main dealer has been ok on the whole but the service has been terrible, put me off Mercs.

Actually i was looking at getting a 530D but now I'm looking at the 330D M Sport, as for Mercedes customer service all i can say comparing them with BMW is they are not even close to them & i don't mean just one department but the whole team.

Actually i was looking at getting a 530D but now I'm looking at the 330D M Sport, as for Mercedes customer service all i can say comparing them with BMW is they are not even close to them & i don't mean just one department but the whole team.

Our sales experience was better than MB.

Service has been OK but TBH I don't see a huge amount of difference in main dealers.

As for the marque. I think BMW detail design quality is poorer than MB and their attitude to the customer can be pretty awful at times. They get away with a lot - and I suspect that they've learned to profit from their own mistakes.

Our ownership experience with both our cars has fallen short of the previous experience we had with MB.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom