Time travel?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 113659

OK, so if you could go back and talk to your younger self, what one piece of advice would you give?

I'd say, "Don't worry, be happy."

Ant.

"To keep ma Big Gub shut", The amount of times i have got maself into bother due to being unable to bite my tongue and not to be so choosey when it comes to wiman...

Smeesh...:wallbash:

I'd tell myself to go out and buy every 300 Gullwing and 540K Special Roadster I could or couldn't afford.

The numbers of every winning lottery ticket.

Keep hold of the White RS500 Sierra Cosworth that you had (brand new) as a company car and gave back to the lease company. Just on the off chance that value may increase.

If I could have a really serious one?

Have a talk to myself about my lifestyle that probably contributed to me having Oesophageal Cancer (now in remission). Be the best husband and father I could be to my wife and children. The recognition that that this would change in a matter of seconds (as long as it takes to say I'm sorry you have terminal cancer) changes everything.

This is a positive now as I do try all these things and I am a better person with a bigger smile.

I would have kept all of my motorcycles from the 70's including a Ducati a new Triumph Bonneville and a new Kawasaki Z900. They would all have been a good investment.

At least I was right to buy them in the first place. The Kawasaki Z900 motorcycle in 1976 was the fastest mainstream production motorcycle at the time and it cost more than as a small car. The insurance was just outrageous for a 21 year old and the whole thing was an exercise in extravagance. I felt it had to go when I got married but if Id known what they would be worth now I should have kept them. At least I still have the memories.

None of the cars I've had would have appreciated to the same extent but that just means I didn't buy the right cars which is another regret.

Put your beer down. Get into the middle of the dance floor. You might pull.

I'd tell myself to ignore every bit of advice anyone you meet in the future gives you and just do what you think is right. Turns out that a lot of advice I have got, was rubbish and just doing what I felt was right, turned out to be right.

Not sure I would believe myself tho, especially when trying to get over the shock of meeting me in person.

And would I trust me with that advice?

Actually, I don't want to go back thanks. I think I might get it wrong next time round. now that would be annoying.

Don't not ask her in case she says 'no', do ask her in case she says 'yes'.

To make sure my parents were aware how much I loved them. I'm not convinced they knew.

Ah well, too late now.

And to have tried harder to learn Russian at school. Gave up as I saw it as a waste of time :doh:

Don't take your Jaguar XK150 to the dump because you can't afford to mend it.

Don't get married when too young and still a virgin.

Don't wait for 27 years to get out of said marriage.

During the financial settlement of said divorce don't say "All you ever wanted was my money so here, have it all", as you hand over the keys to the mortgage-free house that's now worth about £700k.

Be patient because one day you will meet the most amazing woman in the world and live a life that more than makes up for past mistakes.

When asked to give one piece of advice, just give ONE!

Don't have children; have dogs. In practice, you have to have both to find out which you shouldn't have had...

Oh, and marry a woman who hates shopping...

Bump

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom