Timing chain tensioner

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

blair2206

Guys I'm going to change my timing chain tensioner.
My car is a v reg c180 elegance.
Is there any special way I have to remove the bolt and replace it?

Cheers craig

For amusement only

I used to have an old saab and the timing chain went a bit slack and rattly it was at the back of the engine so I rammed a piece of pine between it and the case it tootled round for two years with that in.

there is on the earlier cars, and if done incorrectly would cause the camshaft to snap (very expensive) so you are wise to ask BUT I do not know about your model.

someone should be along in due course

Why do you want to change it on such a young car ?

there is on the earlier cars, and if done incorrectly would cause the camshaft to snap (very expensive) so you are wise to ask BUT I do not know about your model.

someone should be along in due course

Why do you want to change it on such a young car ?

I have an oil leak coming from it.

Have you tried to tighten it.

You can buy the outer washer seperately for the earlier models , from a Merc parts dept - quote your full VIN.

If your going to just change the seals. You will have to make sure you time the engine up before you take it out. Then you will have to re-set the tensioner because if you dont it will cause major damage to the engine.
hope this is of help to you

If your going to just change the seals. You will have to make sure you time the engine up before you take it out. Then you will have to re-set the tensioner because if you dont it will cause major damage to the engine.
hope this is of help to you

thanks very much buddy. just what i was after.

cheers craig

the tensioner has to be re-set in a certain way. Do you know how?

no i havn't a clue buddy. booked it into an indy close to me.

cheers craig

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom