Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mike Walker

MB Enthusiast
Car
Mercedes W204 C220cdi Estate Ford Fiesta Mk 4
Saw it last night now need someone to explain the plot to me please :dk:

I think the plot is to take a classic tale (and a classic TV series to boot) and by adding no end of elements that weren't there in the original, turn it into a waste of a good two hours.

No, No, I didn't follow the plot either but what a great film. Gary Oldman.....spine chilling portrayal of Smiley.....Ruthless if he has to be, dead sinister, unsmiling, thinking all the time yet totally incorruptible. I was riveted to my seat.

My Missus loves spy movies, she adored it

I thought it was a good film... though personally I preferred the much lower budget Page Eight.

In the bleak days of the Cold War, an espionage veteran is forced from semi-retirement to uncover a double agent within MI6, leading to a spy-hunt that shakes the British Secret Intelligence Service to its very foundations.

Gary Oldman stars as George Smiley, the uncommunicative intelligence agent who’s recalled to hunt down the mole who is undermining British counter-intelligence efforts against the Russians, leaving a trail of murder, doubt and double crosses in his wake.

In the bleak days of the Cold War, an espionage veteran is forced from semi-retirement to uncover a double agent within MI6, leading to a spy-hunt that shakes the British Secret Intelligence Service to its very foundations.

Gary Oldman stars as George Smiley, the uncommunicative intelligence agent who’s recalled to hunt down the mole who is undermining British counter-intelligence efforts against the Russians, leaving a trail of murder, doubt and double crosses in his wake.

...and where did the King's stutter fit into all of that then or did I miss something? :dk:

I

Officer, not Agent I think, although the one he is hunting is an Officer but acting as an Agent for the Opposition :)

I think the plot is to take a classic tale (and a classic TV series to boot) and by adding no end of elements that weren't there in the original, turn it into a waste of a good two hours.

Just like playing golf...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom