Tint question new member

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Distronic

Car
W204 C class
Hi guys brand new member here just got my w204 a week ago and love this car!(Photo attached). Would like to tint the rear windows but on a budget so have decided I’ll try a pre cut kit from eBay. Some people have warned me against trying it myself but at £20 I guess I can’t go too wrong. Only question is what % do you think would look best? The car is Palladium silver. Really can’t decide as have never bothered with tints before so not sure what would look right.

Thanks for your help!

Attachments

• A2668431-BD94-45F4-8F62-13D296ABC4CD.jpeg
    A2668431-BD94-45F4-8F62-13D296ABC4CD.jpeg
    986.6 KB · Views: 16
Limo

Ditto^^^^I think the tinted rear windows that are so popular these days are FUGLY.

Thanks for the reply. So you guys think as dark as possible? Limo is 5% right? Reason for just doing the rear is as it’s my first time trying if I don’t like the look/ it’s too dark or I mess it up it’s not where I look out of the car.

Anyone tried pre cut tint before?

Thanks for the reply. So you guys think as dark as possible? Limo is 5% right? Reason for just doing the rear is as it’s my first time trying if I don’t like the look/ it’s too dark or I mess it up it’s not where I look out of the car.

Anyone tried pre cut tint before?

Forgot to say welcome so, welcome. I think there was some sarcasm implying that your car will look like a limo!:)

Had mine done last year. It was one step down from the limo tint. Best of luck trying it yourself. Have a look at a few Youtube videos showing how the pros do it.

20191008_121700.jpg

....Reason for just doing the rear is as it’s my first time trying if I don’t like the look/ it’s too dark or I mess it up it’s not where I look out of the car...

Which of the other windows did you have on mind tinting?

Hi, I’ve watched quite a few already ha ha! It looks manageable if I take my time and as u say learn as much as I can before I start. Yours look great, what % are they out of interest?

Which of the other windows did you have on mind tinting?
Hi am planning on just rears anyway as I think any more might make the interior too dark or a bit too gangsta :) Then there’s legality with the front and since it’s pre cut and won’t be installed professionally if it has any bubbles or peels in places that would be problematic on front windscreen.

Hi, I’ve watched quite a few already ha ha! It looks manageable if I take my time and as u say learn as much as I can before I start. Yours look great, what % are they out of interest?

I can't recall what % tint it was but I was shown what tints were available and chose the one below the darkest.
Don't be tempted to do the front windows or screen. Even with a slight tint, vision is not what it should be.

Perhaps I’ll just go for 20%? I saw a w204 the other day but it had 5 spoke wheels that I think are from a facelift instead. Looked very nice. Would these later wheels be ok on my car and not cause any probs? Do you guys think 18” would look better or just stick with 17”?

Can't argue with the 18" five spoke Ronal's for looks .

Hate tints and their tell tale lines .

18's will look better, but the ride will be firmer. If you are looking for new alloys make sure you get the correct offset for OE wheels.
You need ET45 Front and ET54 rears on a W204.
If you go for aftermarket rims, ensure they are MB fitment as well as correct ET (offset)

Done properly yes , stand the test of time , no .

I have exceptional eyesight !

18's will look better, but the ride will be firmer. If you are looking for new alloys make sure you get the correct offset for OE wheels.
You need ET45 Front and ET54 rears on a W204.
If you go for aftermarket rims, ensure they are MB fitment as well as correct ET (offset)
Yeah will definitely watch out to get the right offsets. The ride is already extremely firm as it is. Perhaps 18’s will make it too rough?

Done properly yes , stand the test of time , no .

I have exceptional eyesight !
Ha ha let’s hope I do a good job! At £20 I’ll end up replacing after a while when they crack anyway I guess. Only thing I’m wondering is how to properly get them past the window seal at the bottom of the window so that when I open and close the windows it won’t peel up :eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom