Tint this?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MKopec88

Car
2015 Mercedes C Class Estate Premium Plus
Guys I keep second guessing myself if I should tint my 2015 c class or leave as is. Just factory tint around which doesn't really look tinted tbf lol

I have a job ordered for end of this month to get the luna tint on my rear windows but can still cancel for a full refund. Would it look weird leaving the front windows as they are? Worth getting the tint?

My previous car had dark factory tint all around, front too so it blended better but not too sure on this rear only stuff.

Yay or nay to getting it done if you were in my shoes?

Screenshot_20201013_160218_com.android.gallery3d.jpgScreenshot_20201013_160224_com.android.gallery3d.jpgScreenshot_20201013_160231_com.android.gallery3d.jpg

Most cars have some sort of tint. Rears can be quite dark but the fronts are very light to comply with the law. I'm interested that you say your previous car was tinted at the front (dark) too? You can apply a very light tint to the fronts however most companies won't tint them for legal reasons

Do it!

I had mine done by same company.
CFbAx7N.jpg

My L200 front and rear side windows has the legal maximum tint of 30% but the film used also had a mirror finish which gave the appearance of the windows being darker than they actually were.

Mitsubishi L200-1.jpg

My GLC has factory tints which means the rear side windows and tailgate are substantially darker.

Ken 7 Coats-1.jpg

I'm also toying with the idea of getting my wife's Fiat 500 done. What's making me dither is that Fiat just seemed to do them from factory only on S's and Abarth's and my wife has a Lounge. So I'll probably not bother.

But on that gen of C Class (in that colour) I personally think it works. Also, thinking about it, my C43 saloon (in silver) had darkish tints at the rear. It wasn't a period factory thing but I still thought it looked good.

As others have said, it stops people from peering in. And it keeps a lot of heat out too which is handy (yes it does make a big difference in the UK and obviously more so if you do a lot of driving in France).

Personally, I would put a light tint on the front or not bother. Yes I know it is a bit naughty, just don't go OTT...

Personally, I would put a light tint on the front or not bother. Yes I know it is a bit naughty, just don't go OTT...
Or just go Smoke tint, all round, that's what l've always gone with on previous cars, never had any trouble at all, with the police, with the MOT, and you can see out at night perfectly. :) 👍

I've privacy glass and there's quite a contrast between front and rear , what lightest tint are you allowed ?

Very much as this official MB pic .

Mercedes-Benz-C-Class_Estate-2012-800-2b.jpg

I've privacy glass and there's quite a contrast between front and rear , what lightest tint are you allowed ?

Very much as this official MB pic .

View attachment 103537
I like that. I know not everyone does and a few years ago, when JDM cars were imported like that, I didn't either.

But I've grown to like it, not least because it's become ubiquitous and seems totally normal.

To the extent that when I see something premium without it, it looks like something's missing (to my eyes).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom