Tinted CLK/General opinion

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

clk320x

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Tesla Model S, Model 3 LR, Model X /// Previous: Jaguar XFR, Mercedes E320 CDI, C32 AMG, CLK 320
Hi guys

Trying to decide the shade of tint for my CLK

Has anyone tinted one and if so post some pictures?

Or if you don't have a CLK anyone who's had any other merc please also feel free to share photos of your tint and opinions on what you think would look nice etc

Cheers

Just my opinion but - Don't do it. Not seen many that have been done but personally I think it just does not suit the CLK.

Mine has the rear portions tinted (what was it someone on here called it; ugly kid glass?). - I might need to work out how I can post a picture because MS Edge doesn't let me copy an image URL like Chrome used to (so I can't link to shared images in Google Pictures).

I think I've found a way.

7JbtU-z7whUKHgmqY7r1wIOf2RhGLNaD6Bn_PlRwgpGHFilW_ecXBPZ4TmlQUiqCYFzmGd0fTBcFnXbrjVZSjLDHrzfNUz524S1qxowrWFwSwHRzKmjDCIukX4-iMi-QrlFTD52X2SHkbbeD_wt6vwLqqG0SpBVDqlwZBy1IUf8MOzOFM0itZYgUWFee5kWu9pIXGFEf57rkfZcy88_chv17pDCRdUR-dDa27ls67AWd1AIfBYkAPE0AhZqwbPglNuj5amvF0rWTDoFaDOcWCE5OAEpHEUWdBG8wxsRAlgIwdIsQNBXk-rVWJYSwqNoeqjP4Bdl4qBqkxEbJnS_S929xZciNXwkVGt-ydlFoQnGIrogVANiv__h0jgvTEPQ5iq5MNndGo7PGUZ2xT0-B0OwpUrD49wGuYTEyeRxdBmPdtpjKfJjxnWtFvX23dQhAXXbpr1elpVPcj5Hs-pXKnH2C1TQetyYNOVmIiXSp28tBM16udTjersUNELQfW_qj4gg4KE_FJgleZFwJI4scznvTb4Rr2oEcLfkGWeoSoOhCoW3xHcgld4t3HUSNzheiuhRBDE4-BT6t4eb_8_7PEjQlMI3M34OoxwtpK-ELJz-4xnp0WZD-Ig=s338-no

pgELTfqoVrW5B4QUS3dRuByxXd8buKKXskb47PkesSnD-GY5Bf4GUQSySmuyc_8PMPSU3eeIlbMmC6bD-akzFZHBsRR0RfiQzAHk-OlEkhIcVx31mTVhADc6Ty5qZPTniVvbumhCaJKMfQBiWJPyqJkeXDs9_Tj-IC0LvwrO8aE_jcMe-wPXC9YAFXJwJl4pWjw9dCcjW6BscsYT8KJt4Mv7aDVLPrPGqwFIIxGkYwhyuqy8_NTRriUPL3z6sipHdZXxG3QrxMIdZMZEdEBpnuMmqp3OK_h4pFlR_k_ElrpFJ0Kt2MnAZ3X0t1FvDy4Nlo6wW9BXUHfxEo9WMuFDgLvemYixXhla7v5Mzr4L7DVRlUP8pUJkCfaS_0yjXOx_umtS9lJnlDvebPmPAcK5R5fdh29Ycwo0BKesSPwhKLOYyRXNgc3eNumjVOuT9kcP_rPEEVvZsjOlBpI7KeGeWhi3VbL3AmM1ZFr5P4HTuSZwjczcygLa8jV7bFj-U5RrFb0zpgWfsmSzuvUriZCX6QpmHKH9YoVamXb-xQ6yJtiG2DaxeQyR0yKO0xpxZuEEdn59TJgkV4tZQRAVvOj8I2pNU8JP4Z6tW_Njta1dttiLRmwOQtdRQw=s338-no

Last edited:
Not sure if your's is black, but to me it does not look right on a black car, make's look more like a van.

Mine is silver

Definitely do all the windows. Plus maybe a sun strip to.

Hi,
Living as we do in a very hot country - we have 40% tint on our side and rear windows.
Windscreen is totally standard!

IMG_3528.jpg
Cheers
Steve

Hi guys

Trying to decide the shade of tint for my CLK

Has anyone tinted one and if so post some pictures?

Or if you don't have a CLK anyone who's had any other merc please also feel free to share photos of your tint and opinions on what you think would look nice etc

Cheers
Hi,
If you look on this site - you will see loads of CLKs for sale in various colours - most have tints - so you should find one similar to yours!!

https://uae.dubizzle.com/motors/use...h=1&places__id__in=--&added__gte=&auto_agent=
Cheers
Steve

Wow such a tricky decision

Completely blacking it out does look rubbish

Perhaps 35% all round or 35% front and 20% rears

I saw a CLS 63S AMG Shooting Brake yesterday in black, all the rear windows limo tint and the driver and passenger fronts pretty dark. Bloody thing looked like a hearse , spoilt a nice car.

Not the same car I know, but tints have to be thought out before applying, they suit some cars more than others.

And if its UV you are worried about clear film is available that cuts just as much UV.

Its a personal choice, obviously.

Old nag i know, but you shouldn't tint the fronts

Something about it being illegal and dangerous.....

Old nag i know, but you shouldn't tint the fronts

Something about it being illegal and dangerous.....

It's not illegal to tint the fronts???

Vehicles first used on 1 April 1985 or later :
- The front windscreen must let at least 75% of light through (25% tint)
- front side windows must let at least 70% of light through (30% tint)
- rear windows no limit

Source : https://www.gov.uk/tinted-vehicle-window-rules

I have seen a few past those thresholds

Driven by da yoof in Barry chariots, but way beyond sensible (or it would seem legal)

I have seen a few past those thresholds

Driven by da yoof in Barry chariots, but way beyond sensible (or it would seem legal)

Yeh me too, but I wouldn't want them that dark anyway... I don't think it looks very nice tbh

In my view, the shape of the pillarless side windows bounded by the curve of the roofline is a most attractive feature of the W209 CLK. I would want to preserve that flowing continuity by having front and rear side window tints of the same density, i.e. 30% max.

Only my opinion of course...

When someone has a nice car, that looks perfectly looked after and original, it generally looks like a more expensive car than it actually is.

When someone takes that car, tints it, lowers it, paints the wheels black, etc, it makes it look like trash, like it's reached the value someone young and naive can afford it and wanted to make it look like he's a badass.

I've seen 2008 S-Classes look absolutely sublime, perfectly original and immaculate. I've also seen the same cars lowered, daft wheels, tinted windows and various bits painted black, just makes it look barely above scrap value.

^^^ +1 Entirely agree.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom