Tinted windows

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Clkrichard

Car
2011 CLC 220cdi 2004 CLK 320 cabriolet, R230 SL500, A class Sport AMG now arrived.
My wife has just returned her CLC Sport to MB Finance as that was a better deal than trading it in for her new A Class.
The people who inspect and collect are BCA ( i think thats British Car Auctions).
The inspection was extremely thorough, including using a gauge to meaure paint thickness. I was confident he would find nothing as we have owned the car from new.
I was therefore very surprised when I was told to remove the " illegal window tinting ". The car had factory fitted "privacy glass" which I think was standard on the sport spec. I invited the inspector to show me how to remove this and told him it wasnt aftermarket tinting film and was factory fitted glass. A bit of a disussion followed about the legality of the tint but there was nothing I could do short of smashing the windows !
All very odd ......
BCA have just confirmed that the car is acceptable and the outstanding financing is fully repaid.

i think you had an 'untrained' inspector...:fail

Very odd. On another note my brother has a W221 leased from MB Finance and they said they would be happy I'd he had the rear windows tinted from a reputable place.

They did say the worse that would happen would be they may request its removal at return. Perhaps they didn't like the quality of the factory privacy glass!

He claimed to have inspected lots of CLCs and had never seen one as dark !

That's odd, never heard that before

Sounds like an idiot

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom