tiny bulbs question, pleeez help!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

eggzy43

Car
e300 diesel 1995
HI,
Can anybody please tell me what the tiny “melon seed” size bulbs are called, (not the instrument cluster ones)…the tiny ones that light up the headlamp and heater dials, gearshift etc. I bought a correct “melon seed” one last week but threw away the package; I erroneously bought some ‘T10’ bulbs off ebay. But they were way too big (but the right shape...) if I get led equivalent I assume they would be polarity sensitive yes? Thanks…:dk:

heres a pic...the "big" blue one was a t10 off ebay, where can i use the T10s?
thanks

Attachments

• bulbs.jpg
    bulbs.jpg
    132.5 KB · Views: 98
Last edited:
Some cars use those as sidelamps.

The very small ones are dashboard "pigmy" lamps, available from most car parts shops in either 1.2 or 1.5 watts.

The are also called Capless bulbs, Bosch example below.

Dec

10075d1206120541-auto-selector-light-bulb-replacement-c180-w202-1994-b2.jpg

Edit; the big blue one can also fit into a plastic holder as illustrated below.

attachment.php

Last edited:
thanks for all the help guys.

No problem. Read your future while we're at it? :D

Be careful you do not fit bulbs that are too powerful. I have a feeling that the late model 124 bulbs are 0.4W

What ever they are they are dirt cheap from your Dealer. They will also make sure you get the correct power rating to aviod possibly melting surrounding plastic etc etc.

Dead cheap? Certainly not here! I had to replace a burned out bulb in the led screen climate control unit and the MB stealer ripped me off around £5 equivalent for one bulb :eek: Paying that kind of price I took special care not to drop it or loose it before installing it :)

I need to access the cluster to check the heater lights fuse but I tried to remove the binnacle with wire coat hangers but gave up, I’ll get some paint tin openers from B&Q

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom