Tips on removing the yellow under seat sensor block - W246?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

harry66

Car
B180
Hi all,
Apologies if this is a dumb question but...
The airbag warning has been appearing on my B180, so I ordered a bypass emulator.

Unfortunately, I just cant get the original connectors off - so that I can plug in the emulator. I spent almost an hour yesterday trying to coax off the original connectors...

The seller of the item referred me to the following video -
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
- which does not help much, since it skips the crucial step where the yellow wiring block is detached from its mounting position.

I a hoping that if the block can be removed from its mounting, I should then be able to remove the individual connectors more easily.

Any tips on how to get from the 36s to 40s point of the above video would be most appreciated.

Many Thanks in advance.

Hi all,
Apologies if this is a dumb question but...
The airbag warning has been appearing on my B180, so I ordered a bypass emulator.

Unfortunately, I just cant get the original connectors off - so that I can plug in the emulator. I spent almost an hour yesterday trying to coax off the original connectors...

The seller of the item referred me to the following video -
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
- which does not help much, since it skips the crucial step where the yellow wiring block is detached from its mounting position.

I a hoping that if the block can be removed from its mounting, I should then be able to remove the individual connectors more easily.

Any tips on how to get from the 36s to 40s point of the above video would be most appreciated.

Many Thanks in advance.
The correct thing to do, in the interests of safety is to fix the airbag issue and then get the error reset.

If you have an accident and someone is injured because the airbag didn't deploy, do you think your insurance company will pay up?

07946210-E42-B-4383-BE8-B-BFAD37-BABE2-C.png

If you look carefully you’ll see two fish hook type barbs that hold the unit onto the slide on the black rail. You need to hold both fish hooks open as you slide it forward. For what it’s worth though, I agree with Alfie - fix it properly or not at all.

Thanks for the replies. I was able to remove the block and attach the bypass device - but it did not help.
So, will be heading to the garage soon - to get it done properly.
Thanks again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom