Tips that’s exhaust tips.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

davymead

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Sold .. E350 CDI Sport Saloon 265. Mini JCW. Current
Try as I might, I cannot source a set of exhaust tip covers for my 2010 W212. Lots available for the facelift.
It’s one of the very few annoyances on my recent purchase ( peeling chrome ) and my research on here seems to have also drawn a blank.
Any ideas would be gratefully received.

Try as I might, I cannot source a set of exhaust tip covers for my 2010 W212. Lots available for the facelift.
It’s one of the very few annoyances on my recent purchase ( peeling chrome ) and my research on here seems to have also drawn a blank.
Any ideas would be gratefully received.
What about getting them re-chromed instead

Thanks for the replies, had thought of rechroming but not sure who would do it.
Pic to show model SmartAMG.
Looks minimal I know but isn’t ...

Attachments

• 2D1652BC-8769-46A1-AB99-468FEAA7712B.jpeg
    2D1652BC-8769-46A1-AB99-468FEAA7712B.jpeg
    105.8 KB · Views: 16
Chrome spray paint and do it yourself

They just unbolt from the bumper with Torx head screws. Have you check how much new would be from the dealer? About 5 minutes to swap.

Here's a link for the E350 parts list on the rear bumper:

Didn’t for a moment think it could be simple. Fab info. Many Thanks for the tip. ( Pun intended )

Best quote from Mertrux Derby @ £94.76 + VAT.
Mmmm .......
If that's each, it's a bit steep. If it's for two, then not too bad in my view.

On my car, they are solid metal items. You have the possibility of getting some photos and measuring yourself and getting a quote for re-chroming, you could remove and paint, or decide to leave.
As they unbolt (3 bolts per tip), it does at least make it an easier job.

I will admit that I've only taken mine off having first removed the rear bumper, and it was at this point I saw they were simply bolted on, so I cleaned and polished them up. I don't know what obstruction the exhaust itself creates with the bumper still attached. No doubt some wiggling and swearing will be required as per working on anything under the car whilst crawling round on the floor on your back whilst the screwdriver or required socket rolls typically out of reach.

Your experience is very appreciated, thanks.
The price is per side btw. Truthfully not sure which way to go 🤪

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom