Tire pressure in W124 E220

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sub_zero

Car
W124 E220 1995
Hi all,
I have replaced my tires yesterday,I went for MAXXIS 195/65R15-91H-MAP1.
The workshop inflated the tires to 35 bar pressure!!!:confused:,which was weird to me,I asked them why? the recommended pressure for this car is written at the fuel door and it is 29 bar,one guy replied immediately with confidence:sir,this is in Germany not here!!!!. I didn't buy what he said,but I didn't reply.
While driving with the new tires,the steering became much lighter and even the car became much lighter.Is this normal?
I have replaced the tires before and I know what is the feeling with new tires,but this time the car is very light I believe due to the tire pressure change.
What do you think guys?
I'm thinking of going to any fuel station and adjust the pressure to 29 bar again as said the factory.
One more question,if I went for 205/60R15,would it be the same pressure the factory stated which is 29 bar?
Thanks guys.

Hi all,
I have replaced my tires yesterday,I went for MAXXIS 195/65R15-91H-MAP1.
The workshop inflated the tires to 35 bar pressure!!!:confused:,which was weird to me,I asked them why? the recommended pressure for this car is written at the fuel door and it is 29 bar,one guy replied immediately with confidence:sir,this is in Germany not here!!!!. I didn't buy what he said,but I didn't reply.
While driving with the new tires,the steering became much lighter and even the car became much lighter.Is this normal?
I have replaced the tires before and I know what is the feeling with new tires,but this time the car is very light I believe due to the tire pressure change.
What do you think guys?
I'm thinking of going to any fuel station and adjust the pressure to 29 bar again as said the factory.
One more question,if I went for 205/60R15,would it be the same pressure the factory stated which is 29 bar?
Thanks guys.

I think you mean 29psi. 29 bar and your tyre would explode.I would follow the instructions on the door post.If your steering is light sounds like your pressures are too high.

sorry, I meant psi

If running with no passengers and an empty boot, I always lower the rears by at least 4 psi.

It helps prevent them going bald in the middle of the tread, and no noticeable difference in handling.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom