Tire Pressure Monitor

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cl55 amg

Car
CL55 AMG
Looking at the spec on my car (cl55 2001) it should have tire monitors. However it does not come up on the command system it rotates from service-oil-mileage.

Is there a way to see if its there? and to try and get working.

Should it come up on the COMAND?

We have Tyre pressure monitoring on our E-class but it certainly does not come up on COMAND

Should it come up on the COMAND?

We have Tyre pressure monitoring on our E-class but it certainly does not come up on COMAND

Sorry my mistake not on the COMMAND, I mean't on the steering wheel controls.

Sorry my mistake not on the COMMAND, I mean't on the steering wheel controls.
Is it a cost option for the CL and if you are certain it is fitted then there should be transmitters on each wheel.

If you cannot cycle through the commands and see the tyre pressure monitoring then perhaps it is not fitted?

Have the wheels been replaced or refurbished? Thinking asI am typing, if that were the case then I would expect fault messages :)

Hi,
I believe there are 2 versions of this.
There is a version that is hardware based and relies on sensors within each wheel that monitors and transmits the pressure to the car.

then there is the cheaper version, as in my 209, which is a function of the ABS or ESP and monitors the wheel speed and notifies any major changes.

The former is a fairly significant retrofit, whilst the latter, on most recent cars, is available via Star coding.

When I got a puncture it worked fine for me. Good enough IMHO

Hi,
I believe there are 2 versions of this.
There is a version that is hardware based and relies on sensors within each wheel that monitors and transmits the pressure to the car.

then there is the cheaper version, as in my 209, which is a function of the ABS or ESP and monitors the wheel speed and notifies any major changes.

The former is a fairly significant retrofit, whilst the latter, on most recent cars, is available via Star coding.

When I got a puncture it worked fine for me. Good enough IMHO
Agreed, ours is the optional, excellent pressure monitoring. First vehicle we haveowned in years that has had even tyre wear :devil::D,

Asking my wife to check tyre pressureswasnot the best use of my time, but with tyre pressure monitoring I now have peace of mind :)

Going back on topic, as soon as you turn on the ignition, you shouldbe able to scroll through the different features on the multi-function steering wheel. The tyre pressure system is an option and should jump out at you :)

Why do you think it is a feature? :)

Agreed, ours is the optional, excellent pressure monitoring. First vehicle we haveowned in years that has had even tyre wear :devil::D,

Asking my wife to check tyre pressureswasnot the best use of my time, but with tyre pressure monitoring I now have peace of mind :)

Going back on topic, as soon as you turn on the ignition, you shouldbe able to scroll through the different features on the multi-function steering wheel. The tyre pressure system is an option and should jump out at you :)

Why do you think it is a feature? :)

That's what I thought it just doesn't show on the multi-function. It shows up as a extra fitted on the Russian site. The car does have aftermarket alloys and I did not see any monitors on the wheels when I changed the tyres, but as you stated would of expected some error codes.....

That's what I thought it just doesn't show on the multi-function. It shows up as a extra fitted on the Russian site. The car does have aftermarket alloys and I did not see any monitors on the wheels when I changed the tyres, but as you stated would of expected some error codes.....

Someone must have disabled the monitor (instead of fixing it at some point). You could check if you have the control unit present, or the plug at least.

I would not trust the Russian site, do you have the original documentation?

My first thoughts were someone changed the wheels, but would we expect to see error messages.

The Russian site is just a guide but the original documentation will put your mind at rest as it lists all options that are fitted

My first thoughts were someone changed the wheels, but would we expect to see error messages.

The Russian site is just a guide but the original documentation will put your mind at rest as it lists all options that are fitted

no not got the original doc's is it possible to get them from MB?

I've never seen a difference with option codes from the Russian site when comparing MB on-line content. The option code descriptions are not accurate but that is another issue.

There would be a malfunction message at the cluster if wheels without sensors were installed.

If you want to check, just PM your VIN to someone at the forum who would loop up the data from EPC.
Beat me to it :) If you have a friendly dealer they would also tell you :)

I've never seen a difference with option codes from the Russian site when comparing MB on-line content. The option code descriptions are not accurate but that is another issue.

There would be a malfunction message at the cluster if wheels without sensors were installed.
I have seen any number of errors. Some minor, but some very significant.

The most common error is calling an Avantgarde an Elegance.. That is a big error, but very common.

Lights, is also another very common error where halogenare listed when the vehicle has bi-xenons.. The list is as endless as the errors, but I am NOT saying it is wrong in this instance, but I am definitely saying it would be foolish to rely on it

My SL isn't on the Russian site at all.

I have seen any number of errors. Some minor, but some very significant.

The most common error is calling an Avantgarde an Elegance.. That is a big error, but very common.

Lights, is also another very common error where halogenare listed when the vehicle has bi-xenons.. The list is as endless as the errors, but I am NOT saying it is wrong in this instance, but I am definitely saying it would be foolish to rely on it

I already acknowledged that codes are not always properly spelled out but do you mean the Russian site gives a different option code (the actual number) compared to that from EPC?

Of course the Russian site may indicate halogen lights (as the true option code) if xenons were retrofitted. If xenons were retrofitted by a good MB workshop, they would update the datacard and from that point onwards the Russian copy would keep on showing the data card as it was when the database was copied.

Equally if the owner changes Elegance signs from the car to Avantgarde, the Russian site would not know that, neither the MB database. But these names are difficult because Avantgarde is not used everywhere and the Russian does not follow the changes well either when a particular code is used differently over time.

Would you have a VIN that you could post as an example? Preferrably a car owned by a forum member where we can check the car history.

Not to sure what you mean who do I PM?

:)

If you don't want to post the VIN on the forum (allowing everybody to post or fill up your PM folder), try someone who has previously posted this info. I can do it for you too, just PM the VIN.

My SL isn't on the Russian site at all.

There are more than on Russian sites but usually the issue comes with too old or too new cars. I should find examples of cars that the MB database does not recognise. Usually some grey import US cars (may have left the US later on).

Does it look like your car should not be excluded because of being too new (I don't think the other reasons should apply)?

I already acknowledged that codes are not always properly spelled out but do you mean the Russian site gives a different option code (the actual number) compared to that from EPC?

Of course the Russian site may indicate halogen lights (as the true option code) if xenons were retrofitted. If xenons were retrofitted by a good MB workshop, they would update the datacard and from that point onwards the Russian copy would keep on showing the data card as it was when the database was copied.

Equally if the owner changes Elegance signs from the car to Avantgarde, the Russian site would not know that, neither the MB database. But these names are difficult because Avantgarde is not used everywhere and the Russian does not follow the changes well either when a particular code is used differently over time.

Would you have a VIN that you could post as an example? Preferrably a car owned by a forum member where we can check the car history.
A lot of writing there but no......

I am talking about bog standard vehicles that come with bi-xenons as a standard fitting yet the Russian site invariably gets it wrong and there is a huge difference is specifications between the two.

Likewise the Elegance\Avantgarde issue... The car was BUILT AT THE FACTORY as an Avantgarde and it will be quite common for this site to get it wrong.

I think the site is a great for giving us an idea of what our vehicle may or may not have, but......... Only a silly billy would take what it says as gosple.

Thinking back I recall someone suspected there car was an ex emergency
vehicle as the Russian site stated it had emergency lighting fitted (I forget the exact wording)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom