Tiscali Broadband Modem Problems

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BenzComander

MB Enthusiast
Car
E320 Avantgarde Estate
This problem is becoming more and more of a problem!

When I turn on my computer everything starts up OK. Launch Outlook to download emails and it asks to dial Tiscali. Press dial and I get an error message that it cant find remote computer and it will redial in 60 seconds.

If I then quit Outlook, unplug the USB cable then plug it back in, wait for Windows to bing bong a few times everything is OK again.

Question is, is the problem with the modem or with windows recognising it?

Cheers,

I use a Sagem F@st800 modem with Tiscali.....
...are both the LEDS on constantly?

PJH said:
I use a Sagem F@st800 modem with Tiscali.....
...are both the LEDS on constantly?

Both LED's are on after the computer boots, but it still wont dial out. Have to disconnect the USB, which puts the LED's out, then reconect the USB. One LED comes on and the other flashes for about 5 seconds then comes on permanantly. It will then dial out OK :confused:

I experience the same problem with my Tiscali broadband modem. As I cannot get easy access to the USB connection, I always re-boot the PC after which it usually connects although on 2 occasions I had to re-boot twice. I had assumed that I was hitting a down period for the broadband service but I guess it could be a modem fault/characteristic.

phone tiscali and annoy them - it seems to be a regular fault with the Sagem modems - I know a few people who have had that problem - if it's still under warranty get them to send you a new one or better still try and get one of their Alcatel modems - ours has been performing flawlessly for a few years now

Andy

Cheers, will go annoy customer services :devil:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom