Tiscali restricting the number of emails per send

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BenzComander

MB Enthusiast
Car
E320 Avantgarde Estate
Have a tiscali broadband connection and email address, which we use for sending and receiving email. Recently, Tiscali have been limiting the number of people on the one email to 10 recipients. Anybody else notice this??

If I set my Gmail account as the default email, then it seems I can send more than 10 at a time. Will this cause problems as I am using my Tiscali connection?

None at all. And welcome to the world of email - /never/ use your ISP's mail service - they see it as a free add-on and tend to be slow, restrictive and unreliable.

So, if I forwarded all my mail from my Tiscali account to my Gmail account, I would then only need to use gmail to send and receive?

Unless it's the Tiscali business service, I'm not surprised there is a restriction. They are guarding themselves against being accused of being a spam source.

So, if I forwarded all my mail from my Tiscali account to my Gmail account, I would then only need to use gmail to send and receive?

Yes indeed. My mailserver for my domains forwards everything to gmail (and to fastmail) giving me fast mobile access and good search and archive. Fastmail supports P-imap so will do push email to newer sony ericsson phones.

Gmail is fine unless you haveissues with its privacy policy. Paid up fastmail accounts are good too but they have low usage limits. Usermail was good buy has been flaky last few months. I have my own server - if my mail is down it's either my fault or a connectivity issue!

Have a tiscali broadband connection and email address, which we use for sending and receiving email. Recently, Tiscali have been limiting the number of people on the one email to 10 recipients. Anybody else notice this??

If I set my Gmail account as the default email, then it seems I can send more than 10 at a time. Will this cause problems as I am using my Tiscali connection?

I have Tiscali email. How does one know if the 'send' has been restricted? F'rinstance, if you send 15 do Tiscali return 5 as unsent or what?

a few weeks back Tiscali got hammered, their service was used to send thouands of spam mails which is one reason why they are introducing stuff like this

Andy

yes, seems Tiscali got blitzed with spam, so have a 10 email address limit at the moment:rolleyes:

Switching to gmail:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom