tiscali TV service

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SilverSaloon

MB Enthusiast
Car
1994 W124 E300D Estate, 1985 R107 280SL
hi

does anyone have this? I currently have tiscali phone and Broadband but have Sky TV.

in an attempt to save some money per month we are trying to get stuff a little cheaper.

The whole tiscali phone/broadband and TV package seems quite good - premium package with everything we need and their "+" box for just £30 per month.... which is better than our current set up (£15 tiscali + £25 sky).

how does tiscali TV compare to Sky? it sounds fine.

also - does a telephone line need to be connected to it all the time? we currently have the telephone cable disconnected from the sky due to me removing some old tv sockets in the house that were wired badly along skirting but means the telephone point that sky was plugged into is no longer in the same room so we disconnected it). i dont want hassle from that but can sort that if really really needed but rather wouldnt bother.

thanks

derek

How do Tiscali deliver their television programmes to your house? Via Broadband or aerial? If Broadband they will need access to the box via the telephone or are they offering a cabled solution?
Do they offer a HD version? I also note that if you're a sports fan and currently use Sky sports it is an extra and an expensive one too.

Last edited:
How do Tiscali deliver their television programmes to your house? Via Broadband or aerial? If Broadband they will need access to the box via the telephone or are they offering a cabled solution?
Do they offer a HD version? I also note that if you're a sports fan and currently use Sky sports it is an extra and an expensive one too.

Not bothered about HD at present... i assume it was an aerial...... may be a problem with that as its in the attic rather than out on the roof so reception may not be great - will have to check that. The "package" comes with a wireless router (i have one already though) and also have a wired network point in that room too (for my xbox).... dont want sports either

cheers

Check availability in your area - I thought the tiscali package looked good but it turned out that they couldn't offer the full service in our area. Same with sky - we can't get their free broadband as they don't have their gear in our local telephone exchange.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom