TiVo...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

guydewdney

MB Enthusiast
Car
906 Sprinter 313cdi
Who else has one?

I do - as does Koolvin - theres someone else as well I know..

discovered that the robosapiens responds to my controller (turns right on all commands :crazy: )

do i win the most OT of the day subject? considering theres forums for both the RS and the Tivo

Guy, another one a bit off topic ..... have you recieved those pedals yet mate ?

Yup, i've got a Tivo too, already hacked and installed the Turbo Net card, and installed my own layouts and the web server front end as well (So I can set the video at work over the web!)

fancy doing a re-upgrade on mine maff? I have the card, but don't know what all that gumph they go about over on tivocommunity.com is all about... :(

I'd like to be able to play with it as the interface is a bit clunky as std, plus I had might as well do the BB phonecall thing...

my 120gb is dying i think...

I have a spare one sitting in the cupboard - virgin..

posted on the tivo forum - made me laugh anyway.. :D

My TiVo hand-held remote is on the blink. Intermittently it stops giving out a signal and you can see it's not working because the little red light at the front doesn't flash when you press a button. I've put fresh batteries in but the fault still recurs and the only way I can get the remote working again - and even then, only for a short time - is to bash it on the edge of the table, which is making unsightly dents in the wood.

Is this a known fault or should I just buy a harder table?

guydewdney said:
Is this a known fault or should I just buy a harder table?
lol that's good!

My TiVo remote/eye went odd a week or two ago, whatever I did with the tivo buttons nothing happened, but the volume up/down on the tv worked ok from the remote so it wasn't the remote at fault. Later my TiVo caught up and decided to action about 500 remote button presses at once *d'oh!* ;) It's not done it since.

I dunno what I'd do without TiVo, I'd prolly have to buy tv guides, learn how to programme a VCR and watch commercials! *shudder* :D

Shude said:
I dunno what I'd do without TiVo, I'd prolly have to buy tv guides, learn how to programme a VCR and watch commercials! *shudder* :D

Or get Sky+ :rock:

that kind of language is not tolerated on here. hang your head in shame...

or

what? and get rid of wishlists / search by actor / tivo suggestions (tm) are you mad?

or

I'm not allowed / cant get a sky dish - i have to have nthell / freeeview etc

But pic quality is better than tivo admittedly.. as is the advertising for it... tivo twits...

guydewdney said:

or

what? and get rid of wishlists / search by actor / tivo suggestions (tm) are you mad?

or

But pic quality is better than tivo admittedly.. as is the advertising for it... tivo twits...
:D

Could become another manual v auto or Silver v 'the rest of the world' type debate :)

Cheers
OG ( W211 - Black and Manual:devil: )

Just upgraded the HD is my sky+ box to 160GB and I love it even more now :D

RichardM said:
Just upgraded the HD is my sky+ box to 160GB and I love it even more now :D

I was thinking of doing that Richard as the warranty runs out next month.

Did you have a problems? Which disk did you go for?

YGM!

Tivo rocks!!!!!

extraction on the deals database is under investigation - by me!

I put a ethernet port on the back:

Attachments

• HPIM0171.JPG
    HPIM0171.JPG
    18 KB · Views: 62
guydewdney said:

or

or

mode 0 on tivo anyone? :D

GregE240 said:
Can you still buy TiVos and if so, how much for?

ebay! start from around £180 if you are lucky!

or

tivoland.com

OGiii said:
I was thinking of doing that Richard as the warranty runs out next month.

Did you have a problems? Which disk did you go for?

I wouldn't worry about the warranty, in fact better to do it whilst it still is under warranty in case you brake something! You can always put the old disk back in and they'd never know the difference.

I used the 160Gb Maxtor disk recommended here. It contains full step by step instructions. The 160Gb seemed to be the best value. I had no problems at all, well worth it for £55!

RichardM said:
I wouldn't worry about the warranty, in fact better to do it whilst it still is under warranty in case you brake something! You can always put the old disk back in and they'd never know the difference.

I used the 160Gb Maxtor disk recommended here. It contains full step by step instructions. The 160Gb seemed to be the best value. I had no problems at all, well worth it for £55!

Thanks

guydewdney said:
fancy doing a re-upgrade on mine maff? I have the card, but don't know what all that gumph they go about over on tivocommunity.com is all about... :(

I'd like to be able to play with it as the interface is a bit clunky as std, plus I had might as well do the BB phonecall thing...

my 120gb is dying i think...

I have a spare one sitting in the cupboard - virgin..

I'll do it! what drive have you got? (brand model)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom