To badge or not to badge that is the question

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mr. B

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Would you debadge your car ?

I recently took my silver emblems off my vehicle (Boot and wings) having ordered a set of black ones.

However I’ve decided I quite like the naked look. It certainly makes washing and polishing a lot easier but I can’t help thinking that I’m depriving the car of its AMG status. I do like the new black badges against the white paintwork but I also like the clean look.

Help me decide ?

I debadged the old girl when she was resprayed and I like that naked look as you say. But missy has her badges still on... so that's not helped you at all 🙃

Black badges on white look good.

It depends on the car or model for me. I like mine badged up as it only has S8 which is nice. I like an AMG to be badged too. Most other vehicles, debadged as they look clean.

My E500 came to me debadged; I'm seriously considering putting an E200 badge on the back, for those occasional moments when lads in hot (well, warm-ish...) hatchbacks need a lesson when the lights change...

De-badge all the way for me; those that know, know...

To be fair, most AMG's since the W210s aren't likely to be mistaken for four-pot diesels, whether they're badged or not

Would you debadge your car ?

I recently took my silver emblems off my vehicle (Boot and wings) having ordered a set of black ones.

However I’ve decided I quite like the naked look. It certainly makes washing and polishing a lot easier but I can’t help thinking that I’m depriving the car of its AMG status. I do like the new black badges against the white paintwork but I also like the clean look.

Help me decide ?
I'm seriously thinking about removing the SL400 on mine - I think it will look a lot nicer. But would I be considered a poseur, trying to pass it off as a SL500?1354E7F8-8897-4B04-961A-10A73F24AA90_1_201_a.jpeg

If it's an AMG leave thd original chrome badge. Anything else, do what you wish.

I de-baged my E350, but i wouldn't do it to my C63. Just like it how it is!

I removed all the badges on my SL63 as soon as I bought it, even had the wing side vents filled-in and sprayed. It's just my personal preference.

View attachment 98699

Matt :thumb:
Purely out of interest, why not go the whole hog and remove the MB star from the rear as well? OK I know the front grille will still have it, but isn’t the rear view all that most people see of an SL63? 🙂

I'm seriously thinking about removing the SL400 on mine - I think it will look a lot nicer. But would I be considered a poseur, trying to pass it off as a SL500?

I was thinking along similar lines for mine.
If you do decide to remove the SL400 I would also consider replacing the silver Merc star with a black one.
Black on white would look the nice.7B3D0D96-E6C7-49AF-AD11-CD8D3BDCE841.jpeg

Last edited:
Purely out of interest, why not go the whole hog and remove the MB star from the rear as well? OK I know the front grille will still have it, but isn’t the rear view all that most people see of an SL63? 🙂

He would be left with three holes in the boot 😱1C0E6E23-4149-4D4A-8E46-92088A10884A.jpeg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom