To badge or not to badge that is the question

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I've taken the badges off several of mine though for some reason not the last two or three I've owned. Not sure why really as I do prefer the cleaner look, probably apathy I suppose due to my getting older.

I may have a play with the current one with some photo editing to see how it goes...

It depends on the car or model for me. I like mine badged up as it only has S8 which is nice.

I had a D3 S8 a few years ago and took everything off the rear end, including the Audi circles. This was a big mistake, it never looked right afterwards. :(

My W202 C43 AMG is debadged. My newly purchased W204 C63 AMG is badged. Don't know what I will do with the latest addition to the stable, but I'll probably debadge the rear and just leave the side ones.

I've removed the E240 but kept the star on the back, and removed the standing star for a flat black badge on the front.

The original owner of mine had the model designation deleted as part of the build, I quite like it off.

I wonder if anyone is influenced by these threads?

Only if you changed the four exhaust pipes for something less obvious.
Same AMG kit could be had on a “standard” W211 bar the exhausts (unlike the new stuff) so I’d still say as Q-Cars go, it’s up there.

It depends on the car or model for me. I like mine badged up as it only has S8 which is nice. I like an AMG to be badged too. Most other vehicles, debadged as they look clean.
I think it depends on the car; my XFR just had an R badge on the rear so I left it, some of the Mercedes stuff I see just looks far too busy and coupled with a busy back end it ends up looking a dogs dinner eg GLA 220 CDI 4Matic...

When it comes to badges I always downgraded the car lol ... or made something different depending on what I have done. With an Audi S7 I actually changed it to A7 .. with a tuned S5, I changed it to S5.5 :)

Oh my e63s I was back and forth. De-badge, leave chrome or black ... I actually decided to keep it chrome because of reason :) The car is currently turned from metallic black into satin black with PPF and has de-chromed parts now (roof bar, window surround and rear eyebrow). So I decided to keep the chrome accents on the lower parts as is to break it up a bit, like wheen surround, badges, 'splitter' and diffuser ...

Personally I never decide what badge I have based on what people think but the way I like it. I could drive a £500k car and if a mod makes it look like a 500 quid car but I like it, I'd go for it :)

I think it depends on the car; my XFR just had an R badge on the rear so I left it, some of the Mercedes stuff I see just looks far too busy and coupled with a busy back end it ends up looking a dogs dinner eg GLA 220 CDI 4Matic...

Totally agree. For me, top of the range cars should keep their badges on. These that have them all over the bootlid look too crowded and look better clean

Still not entirely convinced about taking them off this one. :confused:

View attachment 98715View attachment 98716

I think it looks better with the badges on. As @KillerHERTZ said, if you got it, flaunt it :)

stick a VW badge on the back

I'd say leave the badges, they aren't excessive and why not let the world know what it is (although anyone who cares will probably know anyway...)
On a white car would be the only time I'd consider changing chrome badges to black

stick a VW badge on the back

Haha, had a friend with a Gen1 GTI way back then. He removed the GTI badge and replaced it with a Golf D one. Was told a couple of time when filling up at the petrol station "you're putting petrol in a diesel. Do you realize it?"....

A guy put a Ferrari badge on his Lambo and got a court order from Ferrari to remove that lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom