TO BUY OR NOT TO BUY / ENGINE OIL

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Woody1984

Car
C250 cdi AMG Premium Plus Estate.
As it’s a rather important area of vehicle maintenance I’m looking at buying Liqui Moly engine oil 5w 30.. so my question is has anyone used this and is it any good ?
chris

As it’s a rather important area of vehicle maintenance I’m looking at buying Liqui Moly engine oil 5w 30.. so my question is has anyone used this and is it any good ?
chris
Why not just buy the Mercedes-branded stuff recommended for yor particular car? No debates, no arguments, no soul-searching, no worrying......job done, and at a very reasonable price via various dealers' eBay ads.

Pete

As long as it meets the oil specifications for your engine then it will be as good as any other to spec engine oil brand. Look for the MB 229.XX number on the oil and cross reference with your engines required oil spec.

As long as it meets the oil specifications for your engine then it will be as good as any other to spec engine oil brand. Look for the MB 229.XX number on the oil and cross reference with your engines required oil spec.
All checks completed and a very good deal on this particular brand 👍

Why not just buy the Mercedes-branded stuff recommended for yor particular car? No debates, no arguments, no soul-searching, no worrying......job done, and at a very reasonable price via various dealers' eBay ads.

Pete
I’ll have a butchers on eBay
Cheers

+1 for MB branded stuff, you can spend half of your life debating engine oil for what is a run of the mill diesel engine and never be satisfied. A quick butchers at the service history on my nearly 150K mile V8 AMG would suggest it has only had oil from MB.

It's what I use now and it is cheap , plus at re sale time people might like to see loads of receipts from MB for MB oil . While you are on Ebay take a look at MB Newcastle and MB Sunderland , they have Ebay shops that sell ....MB oil in bulk or by the litre.

My current W204 is serviced by MB Brooklands and they use MB-branded oil.

My previous W203 was serviced by Terry at WG before I sold it, and he used MB-branded oil as well.

Hope this helps.

Gazwould, looking at your graphics, I take it the higher the oil scores in each area, the better? You make a good case for the VW stuff.

Out of interest, do you have a graphic for the old 229.31 spec? I ask because I have four litres of that left from the ML, and I'm minded to use it for top-ups if needed.

That will do fine for top-ups, I think; the newer oils are mainly better for fuel economy, and I can't see half a litre once in a while making much difference.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom