To buy or not to buy??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
That's one lovely looking car with some tasteful added options.

Could it ever do 50.4mpg quoted in the the ads stats? Quite impressive if it could and it makes me very jealous. Anyway. If it's the right colour, right spec and you like it. Get your money out and enjoy it :thumb:

Reactions: Abb
A query regarding the interior colour, the datacard (courtesy of @clk320x ) sates interior colour is GRAY (208), however the photos show it to more of a white. It doesn't appear to be messed about with in regards to 'photo filters', so was wondering if anyone has knowledge of this colour code or perhaps seen it in the flesh?

With all those assumptions, I'd give it a miss. Look at Autotrader, many cars available at a better price, or later reg. date for similar / less money.

A query regarding the interior colour, the datacard (courtesy of @clk320x ) sates interior colour is GRAY (208), however the photos show it to more of a white. It doesn't appear to be messed about with in regards to 'photo filters', so was wondering if anyone has knowledge of this colour code or perhaps seen it in the flesh?
I think its the same colour I had on my ML, when taking photos it often came our brighter than it was.

Reactions: Abb
With all those assumptions, I'd give it a miss. Look at Autotrader, many cars available at a better price, or later reg. date for similar / less money.
£15k does look a bit high when there are similar aged/mileage cars on AT for less money. It depends if all the options are worth it to the potential buyer.

Really?? My search only bring up 2 others at this price point, one with higher miles and one with slightly less, admittedly both are cheaper, but no where near the spec of the one in this topic.
Links would be appreciated.

That's nice

Same M276 engine as I have in mine.

You will see above 40MPG on a run, but not much more
Imho it is top end, but in a couple of years would you look back and think about the £500 or so, that you paid over the odds for it.....nah I didn't either

If the inspection comes back clean, (enough, it is 7 years old....!) Get it bought

Thanks for the advice folks. Some great advice and having slept on it, I have decided to take the plunge all things considered. Yes, I get that it is a used car and it could have potential issues, but have weighed up my options based on the above and I think as I am going in eyes wide open, I cannot do more than that....
....The indie has asked me to contact him later today to arrange a time for him to carry out the inspection, which should hopefully be Monday.

Now it can be told... I'd do the same thing if it was a car I really liked. The dealer's internet reviews are a bit mixed, but life's too short to never take a chance. I'd haggle on the price, though; what have you to lose?

Regarding the upholstery colour, I have code 208 in my SL500. It's definitely pale grey.

Last edited:
Fantastic looking car, epic spec for a 350 - like other's have said if the car all checks out - haggle the dealer down a bit even a few hundred off better than nowt. Good luck.

If you do decide to buy it, at least one trade site, CarGurus:

Lucky Dale Cars Ltd

considers it is offered at a high price, so there should be room for manoeuvre.

There are 84 cars on Autotrader that you may be interested in. A lovely 2013 model from MB Norwich is less than the one you're interested in.

If you do decide to buy it, at least one trade site, CarGurus:

Lucky Dale Cars Ltd

considers it is offered at a high price, so there should be room for manoeuvre.

Thank you for that. He has indicated, well more blatantly said no room for manoeuvre when I tried. Issue is, it has only been up since Wednesday gone (IIRC) and given it's rarity (spec wise) he will hold on to it for a little longer if he doesn't get what he wants. Having said that, depends on what the inspection throws up (one things for sure, they will not be getting a copy of the report unless it is in my favour and results in a reduction) he may have to negotiate.

I will of course be trying again to negotiate some form of discount or delivery, I like to think I am fair and reasonable not stupid, albeit the boss would disagree :D

There are 84 cars on Autotrader that you may be interested in. A lovely 2013 model from MB Norwich is less than the one you're interested in.

Please could you post up a link, I would appreciate that. the only one I can find that somewhat fits your description is:

Used Mercedes-Benz CLS Cls250 CDi Blueefficiency AMG Sport 2013 for sale in Norwich, Norfolk from Mercedes Benz HY13NUV

I can only assume this is not the one, as it is a) £952 more expensive b) a 250 and c) a diesel

Really?? My search only bring up 2 others at this price point, one with higher miles and one with slightly less, admittedly both are cheaper, but no where near the spec of the one in this topic.
Links would be appreciated.
Having just had a quick scan myself, there is another one for sale with 10k miles *less* for £2,500 less which would book at a higher price than the high spec one you’re looking at -
Saved Adverts

I think you're doing the right thing, for what it's worth. I bought mine at a distance. Like you, I like a high-speed car and mine had every option ticked except for heated rear seats and a heated steering wheel. Well worth the couple of hundred quid more to make you feel special each time you're in it.

Having just had a quick scan myself, there is another one for sale with 10k miles *less* for £2,500 less which would book at a higher price than the high spec one you’re looking at -
Saved Adverts

That is one of the other two listed on AT I did see that Lee, but the spec nor the colour appeals to me. As I tend to keep my cars for a few years (unlike some ahem ;)) I have to be happy with them, this I would not. Daft for some I know but it would be a dull world if we all had the same outlook!

As I tend to keep my cars for a few years (unlike some ahem ;)) I have to be happy with them...

I used to keep my cars for a few years; since I started with Mercedes, I seem to become unhappy a lot sooner with most...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom