To C43 or Not To C43 ????

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GRAV888

MB Enthusiast
Car
2017 CLA 180 AMG in Black (mine) 2018 GLA 200 SE in Black (wifes)
As a few of you know, I've been after a C43 for ages.
About a month ago, I found a bog standard one up for sale for £15,000.
I went and had a look, had a play and agreed a price for the trade in on my litttle C180.
The dealer, (who is a friend of a friend of a friend), said he would hold the car until the 1st November, so that I could get the balance in cash, (as I didn't want finance).
When I went there yesterday, armed with the dosh and my car, he told me that he had had it serviced and the price was now £15,995.:eek:
He then turned round and said that he had changed his mind about taking my car in px, as I've had it chipped and would be unable to offer the next buyer a warranty on it.
I told him that it would take me 10 mins to put the standard chip back in, but he was having none of it.:mad:

So, all in all, I spent most of yesterday cleaning, polishing, de-chroming and taking the lights etc off.

As you can imagine, I am well pi55ed off.

However, he has given me 1 more week to find the rest of the money as he is using the car himself.

I would have told the cheeky @$*@er where to go.

Similiar thing has happened to me in the past, but a deal is a deal if they want to move the goalposts then tell em to stick it. The only trouble is if its a hard to find car such as a C43 or TD estate with all the extras then they have you buy the short and curlies.

I'd tell him a deal is a deal and its him thats messed you about and that you have stuck to your side of what you both said.

I'd tell him where to go but if he wants to come back to you within a week with the original deal well thats fine.

I would tell him to stuff it where the sun doesnt shine. You may have lost this car but I guess that there is another somewhere in the country with similar goodies.

Yeah, I guess you're right.
I wanted this one as it was only one owner with 60,000 miles and had not been modded in any way.
It also had the 2 tone leather seats which were really cool.
As you say, my car is out there somewhere.
Suppose I've got to put all my bits back on my car now, but have really lost interest in it at the moment.:(

Just imagine this guys attitude if you had problems of some kind after buying the car :rolleyes: I'd doubt he'd be very helpful :(

I'd walk too. You'd never think you were giving the guy 15K of your hard earned ones would you?!

There are a few nice examples on Autotrader with similar mileages from £13500 at the moment....

GRAV,

there are loadsa C43`s around for under the 15K mark, dont rush into it!

when i was looking for my C36 i nearly rushed into paying 19k (2 yrs back) for one, but held on and paid £16,500 for it in the end!

i`ll keep my eye open for one!

as regards to the c180, just a bit of advice... take the chip out and put it back to standard, also change the number plates and rear lights back to standard... this way it wont look like its been modified and will appeal to a larger market!

hope thats of some help!

You could play him at his own game and get a friend to pose as a buyer and take it to the point of getting the price right down as low as possible.Then just before everything is finalised pull out of the deal.Then you could if you wished just pop in and make your own offer and see what happens.:devil:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom