To de-badge or not?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gr1nch

Car
2017 W222 S350d AMG Line Premium Plus : Iridium Silver and Black Nappa
Wondered about the pros/cons and if anyone is a serial de-badger :) Are cars harder/easier to sell, or makes zero difference? Are they vanfalised or stolen more or less?

I normally debadge if the boot area is cluttered (which Mercedes tend to be).

I've considered de-badging mine too, but never got round to it.

I am a serial debager, boot always...cant beat a tidy back end ;)

I always de-badge.

As stated above, it gives a cleaner look, and also make the car easier to keep shiny.

E63%20rear%20debadged.jpg

I know that Developer (John) will agree with me too. :D

De-badged for me also. Looks nice and clean.

I always de-badge.

As stated above, it gives a cleaner look, and also make the car easier to keep shiny.

E63%20rear%20debadged.jpg

I know that Developer (John) will agree with me too. :D

Love the look of that Dave. Is it a 220d or 350d :D

Love the Xmas avatar too. :thumb:

definitely de-badge! especially when i don't want people to think i only got a 220 :D

Love the look of that Dave. Is it a 220d or 350d :D

The beauty of having no badges is that no-one knows. Unless they're into cars, and I would assume 90%+ of the public aren't, it's just a German barge/taxi, so a lot less hassle. ;)

Love the Xmas avatar too. :thumb:

Cheers, brought him out for another month or so. :D

definitely de-badge! especially when i don't want people to think i only got a 220 :D

I want people to think that. :eek:

That's what I always assume when there's no badge to say any different!

Have never debaged in the past but the current car came like that and I think I may well continue to do so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ive always de-badged except with my current car. if you got it, flaunt it ;)

Whenever I see a de-badged car that's the first thing I think of...... embarrassed owner driving a low spec diesel and doesn't want the neighbours to know.

I'd de-badge a lesser car if I wanted to make it look like something it isn't, however, I'd never de-badge an AMG - just plain wrong :crazy::fail:devil:

And lately, another complication has arisen, in the shape of the 43 range - lesser, some would say - but they have big brakes and quad exhausts, so even those "in the know" will wonder if your pride and joy is the semi skimmed variety :D

My mate Dave is awaiting his epiphany - it's just been lost in the post at the mo :D.

Whenever I see a de-badged car that's the first thing I think of...... embarrassed owner driving a low spec diesel and doesn't want the neighbours to know.

In a nutshell :thumb:.

Definitely de-badge but I've ordered both of my mercs like that from factory. Far to many badges across the back nowadays.

I don't care what my neighbours think.

I prefer the look of a debadged MB or higher end BMW. Declutters the rear bodywork of the cars.

If it's my car then it's how it looks to me that counts.

I don't care if it's a E220 or a E63 - the badge would come off if it was my car.

aye, that's what I tend to think if I see no badges, poverty spec model.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom