To die in the Supermarket Car Park.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

brucemillar

MB Enthusiast
Car
C55 AMG Wagon - W124 300te 4matic Wagon - BMW 4.8is X5 E53 - SWB Pajero 3.5 V6 24v
Maybe an exaggeration, but it feels to me like not.

I can sit in a deserted Supermarket Car Park awaiting Mrs M’s return from her latest foray into retail wonderland.

As soon as I engage reverse gear (I like to reverse out of a space, but am aware other gears are available). The floor of the Car Park immediately starts to heave with humans all intent on throwing themselves under the rear wheels of my car. Quite literally people armed with trollies or small people appear from nowhere in biblical numbers. It’s like a Zombie Movie as they lurch around attracted by some invisible force to the cars bum end. Then they look at me with the look that says “how dare you drive in this Car Park?”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Walking to my car I often have to dodge inconsiderate drivers reversing out of parking spaces..
Once in my car I often have to curse those damn pedestrians ambling behind my car..
It's all just perspective

Yes Bruce reverse in to the parking space and then you can just drive straight at them with horn blaring and lights flashing. Much more fun that way ;););)

Can't do that. You have to park nose in. This is a shopping expedition. Wife needs to access the boot directly to safely unload (i.e. not break, spill or ruffle) the treasures and delights secured from vulnerable retailers with the power of her (probably your) credit card(s).

I can sit in a deserted Supermarket Car Park awaiting Mrs M’s return from her latest foray into retail wonderland.

As soon as I engage reverse gear (I like to reverse out of a space, but am aware other gears are available). The floor of the Car Park immediately starts to heave with humans all intent on throwing themselves under the rear wheels of my car. Quite literally people armed with trollies or small people appear from nowhere in biblical numbers. It’s like a Zombie Movie as they lurch around attracted by some invisible force to the cars bum end. Then they look at me with the look that says “how dare you drive in this Car Park?”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The sole reason the reversing camera was invented, once the UK adopts the "Purge" cross hairs will be added to the screen for better accuracy..

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

As soon as I engage reverse gear (I like to reverse out of a space, but am aware other gears are available). The floor of the Car Park immediately starts to heave with humans all intent on throwing themselves under the rear wheels of my car.

Reminds me of what happens when you’re making any 'different' manoeuvre, such as a 21 point turn in a very narrow, previously empty road, when there’s suddenly queues of traffic in both directions....

Isn’t it called Murphy's Law?

Reminds me of what happens when you’re making any 'different' manoeuvre, such as a 21 point turn in a very narrow, previously empty road, when there’s suddenly queues of traffic in both directions....

Isn’t it called Murphy's Law?

No, it's called choosing an inappropriate place to turn round in, very different!

The thread title sounds like a Morrissey song..

If you reverse into the space its much harder to get your shopping trolley near your boot

If you reverse into the space its much harder to get your shopping trolley near your boot
Not always the case, as below.
Morfa-Retail-Park-Swansea-acquired-for-%C2%A383.5m-from-The-Crown-Estate-1024x738-1024x537.jpg

On a purely personal note, I've always found it easier to reverse into a space than drive in. Just looking around our neighbours driveways I appear to be in the minority...

This is from my local Sainsburys. But yes, as you point out there are some variations
View attachment 83888
Illustrates nicely how inadequate are the spaces in UK car parks. Even the Disabled/Mother&child spaces seem tight,,

Oh...you know my wife and the disdain with which she treats me when parked rear in, 10mm from the bumper of the car behind.

Put your hazard lights on and clean your back screen with a wash wipe at the same time as reversing slowly out, toot the horn after about a foot; works everytime, but if it doesn't slam on the brake at a really slow speed then immediately start reversing in ultra slow mode again. Should frighten the bejesus out of them but...
Get back to me if that fails...:):)

Are we not going to talk about bottom row, second from left parking :D:D
With this in mind, someone felt my car looked lonely whilst I was enjoying a nice Sunday Roast at the local Carvery
upload_2019-2-27_10-53-49.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom