To grease or not to grease

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

chic0821

MB Enthusiast
Car
S63 AMG Coupe, Range Rover Sport, 992 Porsche Carrera 4S
I am about to replace the front brake pads on my S63 AMG Coupe with Powerstop Carbon Ceramic pads (no dust). My question is as per the title, should I apply anti squeal lubricant or not. The pads come with a sachet of this, but I read somewhere not to use any lubricant on Mercedes brakes. In the past, I have always used an anti squeal lube on other cars. What is the view of you guy's. I don't want to be re-visiting them to add grease if they start squealing.

I am about to replace the front brake pads on my S63 AMG Coupe with Powerstop Carbon Ceramic pads (no dust). My question is as per the title, should I apply anti squeal lubricant or not. The pads come with a sachet of this, but I read somewhere not to use any lubricant on Mercedes brakes. In the past, I have always used an anti squeal lube on other cars. What is the view of you guy's. I don't want to be re-visiting them to add grease if they start squealing.
But these are not Mercedes brakes, they are Powerstop brakes being fitted to a Mercedes and the manufacturer provides a sachet of a recommended grease.

Grease is the word !!

Its got groove its got meaning.

:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom