To keep or not to keep!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
As far as I know the 997.2 Turbo S only comes with PDK but the normal 997.2 Turbo can be got with a manual - the manual sounds maybe better fun - any thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don’t think the Turbo is that kind of fun. I’d go for a PDK if there was a choice.

I’ve a GT3 , 991.2
Epic car with lots of personality
A turbo S is fast .... but that’s it
Nought else in my opinion
I had a 996 Turbo S and sadly it was dull
The GT3 is like nothing else

I’ve also got an SL65 2014 car - the Ying and yang of car ownership!!!

I’ve a GT3 , 991.2
Epic car with lots of personality
A turbo S is fast .... but that’s it
Nought else in my opinion
I had a 996 Turbo S and sadly it was dull
The GT3 is like nothing else

I’ve also got an SL65 2014 car - the Ying and yang of car ownership!!!

I like that combo!

a good friend has a 992 Turbo ....................he finds it a tad boring after the initial buzz

Sorry ....................991.2 !!!

That’s it will have to see how much I need to scratch it!

The CL has only 44k on it and the E500 has 66k so both may go up a bit in value in the next few years but who knows about that - it could go anyway at all.

Hi, I cant send you a private message or reply to your for sale thread. Can you send me a private message I am interested in the CL65. Thanks

Daily get the Turbo. Fun car get the GT3. Both are epic in their own way but quite different. Personally having owned four turbos over the years (only air cooled though 2x 3.3 1 x 964 3.6 and one 993) and one GT3 (996.2) I would take a Turbo every time except for a track day. Oh yes and dont sell any of them ever. I weep whenever I think what they are worth now.

Reactions: Nat
I prefered my 997 to the 991. I felt and I don't think I'm on my own here, that you knew the 997 was a turbo whereas the 991 was but had more grunt at the top of the reve range. Just my opinion. The GT's are out of some peoples range - as nice as they are.

My opinion is of 911's is that most people who can afford one should experience one. Proper drivers experience but not without fault.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom