To Keep or to Sell the SL?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Just coming back to this thread as my Becker radio/cassette has completely given up now. It still powers on but no sound is coming through at all and I'm fed up with it. I'm looking at a Continental TR7412UB-OR as it's pretty similar in look to the Becker units but has Bluetooth etc. and a couple of you have mentioned Continental in the comments above
Are these pretty easy to install and do they need any additional adaptors? I don't really want to go back to a garage if i can avoid it.
Thanks!
I had the VDO version of the Conti stereo in my old 911 worked fine for streaming etc , never used the radio as the car was so loud , should be plug and play with the SL Clicky
In my SL I have the new Blaupunkt Bremen which has DAB , I bought a power adapter so it would work with the stock aerial and it does to a degree although the stations I want only appear nearer London.. , I tend to just stream the DAB stations from my phone now.

I had the VDO version of the Conti stereo in my old 911 worked fine for streaming etc , never used the radio as the car was so loud , should be plug and play with the SL Clicky
In my SL I have the new Blaupunkt Bremen which has DAB , I bought a power adapter so it would work with the stock aerial and it does to a degree although the stations I want only appear nearer London.. , I tend to just stream the DAB stations from my phone now.
Thanks - I’m just cautious of the size and hoping it will fit as the dimensions seem a bit bigger than standard?
I considered the Blaupunkt - they do look really good, just pricey!

Thanks - I’m just cautious of the size and hoping it will fit as the dimensions seem a bit bigger than standard?
I considered the Blaupunkt - they do look really good, just pricey!
Should go straight in , they are much shorter if you don't have a cd player , if I bought one again I wouldn't buy the Bremen
This is the VDO/Conti unit in my old 911
VDO.jpg

Last edited:
Have you considered a local (good) car audio fitter as they will know and be able to fix or fit

market seems hot for these right now

Ok decision made, the SL is staying, the Fiesta is going. As long as the SL remains reliable and I don't have to commute to work for the foreseeable, I don't see why I shouldn't enjoy driving for another year at least.
On the reliability point....anyone know where to locate the amp (non-BOSE)? The radio/cassette has decided it no longer wants to produce any sound and Im pretty sure it would be an Amp issue. (Radio powers on, changes channels etc, aerial powers up, just no sound...not even a background hiss)
From what I've read, and what I've been told its under the rear seat, but all I can see is the roof control unit on the drivers side, with just carpet on the passenger side??
Good. I don't think you'll regret that decision. :thumb:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom