To Lotus Elise, or not Lotus Elise: That is the question.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
So you can now map it, Will?

It's certainly the most sensible mod to do on an older car as it enables so much more to be done to liberate future performance enhancements.

My 02 is in for a sharper cam, some cylinder head work and throttle bodies, which if nothing else should make it considerably more Wagnerian in sound...

That's right Charles, I get to write my own maps now. The software interface looks something like this:

tunerstudio_270.gif

The ECU comes with a base map, but there is a wealth of information online on how to adjust the settings.

I'd be interesting to read about the your throttle bodies. Some people have done this to the MX5 too. They sound very pleasing to the ear :)

After the ECU I think some vernier cams will be next.........

Fascinating. Atspeed password protect their maps to prevent loonies like me buggering it all up.

I'll fill you in on the throttle bodies when fitted, with luck you will see them at Goodwood.

Before fitting new throttle bodies make a note of the pressure drop and vacuum in the intake system.
If there is no pressure drop new throttle bodies won't make any difference.

All done. ITBs were first used by Alpina on the A4 engine (their worked over M10).

I assume you can only increase the flow of air if the pressure outside exceeds that in? ie all the systems from valve to exhaust are sucking the air through fast enough?

Last edited:
A small victory today. After some tweaking the car started with its programmable ECU. So I went for a quick spin with the laptop attached and in 'auto learn' mode.

I'm not sure what I'm going to do with it now, but it's fun trying to learn. It would come into its own if I ever went down the forced induction route..........tempting :)

P1080058.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom