To replace the OEM COMAND with android screen or not? Recommended dashcams?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Combo

Car
CLA45
Hi all,

Picked up my first MB (CLA45 MY16) last weekend and now looking to add some options. I'd really like Carplay, I know I can buy a box that will add the function to my stock display but I wondered about the 10-12'' android replacements as the difference in price is negligible.

I spoke to comand online who said they will not fit them even if the customer provides them due to being poor quality and all customers regret installing it, another retrofitter quoted to install the 10'' for me as they said the 12'' looks too big in the car. Has anyone here swapped it out and what do you / don't you like about it? Would you do it again or should I just retrofit carplay to the stock system?

On a VIN decoder I have:
531 COMAND APS NTG5/NTG5.5

Main want is Apple Carplay (preferably wireless) so I can use satnav from my mobile apps, to keep all the stock features so I can see the live dials etc, touch screen would be nice.

Would also like to retrofit a reversing camera with dynamic lines and front/rear dashcams at the same time. Does anyone have a recommendation for a dashcam? I used Blackvue in my last car as they were compact and hidden behind the rearview when driving but the CLA has its own camera behind the rearview so not sure it will be easy to install a dashcam without it standing out.

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom