To the owner of the W208 CLK MBZ 7000

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Wonder why Carrotchomper resurrected then, with insults. Must have a thing against people with nothern Ireland plates ?

Actually no, I didn't! I think someone must have "thanked" the post recently so it popped up in recent threads. Never noticed the date on it until someone mentioned it.

Yes, old thread. No, I didn't "Resurrect" it. And yes, IMHO Irish personal plates look ****e. :crazy:

N Irish plates were a bloody good investment, a few years ago. I bought two reasonable ones, with consecutive numbers for the grand sum of £40. Now £500 each, or £1400 the pair (allegedly). Cheaper than changing my name to Mr. PX52ERJ:)

My first ever 'private plate' purchase was an NI one and I was proud of it at the time back in 1992/93 when private plates were more of a rare sight. I think DVLA had just started selling the A prefixes at the time. It cost me £99 and resembled my initials. When I sold the car I left the plate on it as I just couldn't justify paying more in fees than the plate was worth :eek:

It was on my first ever car, an Audi 90 Quattro (which I sold in 1995) and the guy who bought the car obviously loves the plate as its been transferred to his current car which is an Audi S4 Quattro :)

It's good to know there are class distinctions in personal plates with, obviously, NI plates the "working class" equivalent, and undoubtedly the ones without prefix or suffix the "aristocracy".

Carrotchomper, I have to say it, you're a snob:D :D . Bet you look down your nose at shell suits, chavs and essex accents........................:eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom