Toaster recommendations please

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
We have the Duralit combo , the toaster is deffo not as good as the catering ones they do.
This is the set we have .. this is the one I want but she wont let me spend that much on a toaster..boo
Anything is going to better than the pants cheapies we have at the moment :)

Recently bought Coookworks. Four slice toaster but only two long slots so fits sourdough which is what I buy. Bought from Argus about £17:99 marvellous.

I'm in the process of installing a new kitchen and as we have had excellent service from Bosch appliances in the past we decided to go for German quality again and buy everything Bosch.

The various items have been delivered and:

The oven was made in Poland
The microwave - China (this was by far the most expensive item)
The Hob - Spain
I forget where the cooker hood and dishwasher were made but you guessed, it wasn't Germany.

Above from a post I made several years ago. To be fair they all appear to be very well made and have been reliable so far. China manufactures some rubbish but they can do some good stuff too when designed and specified by a quality company.

Having said that when recently doing two new bathrooms I did try to avoid made in China on the basis that much of the stuff I saw was of poor quality particularly chrome taps and wastes. I didn't succeed as the most expensive item at £550, a freestanding bath, turned out to be made in China. No complaints about the quality though.

+1 for Dualit. I got fed up replacing toasters made of plastic and tin foil. I bought my folks a Dualit and then got one for us about 10 years ago. Still going strong. We have a 4 slice with two sandwich cages. You have to cut the bread quite thin for toasted sandwiches but they work great. We also have a Dualit kettle which is still going strong after about 5 years and apparently you can buy replacement elements if/when needed.

Thanks for the offer but the Scooby Doo antics of the dog get me every time.

K

I was referring to the comedy goldmine of the wife trying to catch ballistic toast :)

My dogs (greyhounds) were at the back of the queue when it comes to brains and probably wouldn't even notice supersonic projectile toasted bread based products !!!!

I was referring to the comedy goldmine of the wife trying to catch ballistic toast :)

My dogs (greyhounds) were at the back of the queue when it comes to brains and probably wouldn't even notice supersonic projectile toasted bread based products !!!!

Normally when he hears the toaster being primed he saunters in as he associates the burnt bread smell with cheese and he stands waiting for the moment it goes off , still gets a fright though.

You think he would learn , same with bees - every year he catches them and every year he gets stung numerous times in the mouth and he ends up looking like he is holding a tennis ball in each cheek.

As you say , not the sharpest tool in the box.

20200130_180612[1] by Kenny Niven, on Flickr

K

Normally when he hears the toaster being primed he saunters in as he associates the burnt bread smell with cheese and he stands waiting for the moment it goes off , still gets a fright though.

You think he would learn , same with bees - every year he catches them and every year he gets stung numerous times in the mouth and he ends up looking like he is holding a tennis ball in each cheek.

As you say , not the sharpest tool in the box.

20200130_180612[1] by Kenny Niven, on Flickr

K

What is it with greyhounds and airing their bits ? Every time I look mine are doing it and every post on social media is the same ? None of my other dogs have done it ????? :)

Bit big to fit in a toaster isn't it? (joking) :)

Mrs chucked our toaster out a few months ago, will give the grill a go later.

My toaster sports a genuine Rolls Royce badge!😁

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom