Today I 'ave been mostly...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tiff

Car
2001 SLK 230.
Sorting the bodywork on a mates recently purchased C200 sport.. Started as a quick tidy up, but ending up as a full respray, new wing and rear bumper.. I'm knackered!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Stupid question, I know, but what's the orangey-yellowy stuff?

Looks like high-build primer to me :)

Come on, it's been two days. You can't still be knackered...:D

Not everyone makes progress like you :p

Looks like high-build primer to me :)

Yes, high build primer- excellent stuff :) had to stop for a day to do my real job, but hopefully get some paint on it later today.. some quite fiddly repairs still to do and some old hidden accident damage to be straightened, and still waiting on the new wing arriving though :(

d994.jpg

:)

Well, paint is on but quite a bit of dust in it- its a mates double garage full of lathes and other engineering stuff-.. it was 3.5 degrees when putting on the laquuer. Back to work tomorrow, but will get round to flat and polish on Friday. Ebay wing arrived this morning and turned out to be a genuine replacement MB wing, in the right colour :)- bonus! Fitted like a glove.:bannana:

How did you treat the panels, was it high build primer followed by normal zinc oxide primer and then paint?

How did you treat the panels, was it high build primer followed by normal zinc oxide primer and then paint?

No, just grey primer,followed by high build,then basecoat and laquuer.
Stll to get some pics of it finished- it was pouring with rain and after 10PM when we finished- 1 arch will need doing again- silicon "fish eyes" came through:mad::mad:

Got some pics at last, first time I've seen it in daylight since it was fitted up- a few minor blemishes to sort out, but a big improvement on the way it was!!

d9b5.jpg

30102010024.jpg

d9a4.jpg

30102010025.jpg

Last edited:
WOW. Well done, it looks great Thanks for posting the pictures:)

Fantastic result. Once you've sorted out Sickpuppy (post #8), I may have a little job for you... :D

Post a few more like this and you'll have customers queuing at your door !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom