Today I bought a ...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

timwood2000

Car
R320 CDI SE LWB '07, BENTLEY CONTINENTAL FLYING SPUR MULLINER '06, FIAT 500 LOUNGE '58 & BMW R1200RT
Bentley Continental Flying Spur in Mulliner spec, 2006. 550bhp and 0-60 in 4.9 secs.

Spent a lot of time looking for the right car, weighing up the pros and cons of an old-ish W12 6.0 litre car versus a newer S class, but in the end the overall looks, luxury and power won me over.

Did I do the right thing? Collection in a week or two. In the meantime, thoughts please, good or bad?

Great choice.....

As a Mercedes owner I keep looking for the next upgrade and yours seems to be the one

Keep us posted and lots of photos when the car is in your possession :)

I've had two. I hope you have done your research and have a few organs to sell.

stumpy1 said:
I've had two. I hope you have done your research and have a few organs to sell.
I have been looking for 2+ years. This one will have an 8 year service done on delivery, has new tyres all round and recent pads front and rear, full Bentley history, so fingers crossed this will be ok. But agree, I have everything crossed...

You will have some expense I'm afraid. One of the first jobs you want to do is take off the scuttle trim and check for leaves and stuff. The water drains block and the loom and various ECUS blow. My front suspension struts blew at 50k miles. Despite full BSH there was no help from Bentley. 3.5k later............My first one had a drivers seat with a mind of its own and an untraceable gearbox fault. The second one currently has an unidentifiable clonk from the suspension and an air leak from the myriad of air pipes under the bonnet.

Please don't take this the wrong way as I don't know you BUT it is easy to be seduced by the low buy-in price with these, but you need deep pockets and an open mind to run one properly.

Great fun when they are working and it never gets boring toasting 911s at the lights!!

I sold my 95 Continental R about 6 months ago. It needed new front discs and pads three months later when the MOT came along - a bill of £2500, and that was an indy.

I sold my 95 Continental R about 6 months ago. It needed new front discs and pads three months later when the MOT came along - a bill of £2500, and that was an indy.

I treat those as consumables :crazy:

Having worked on the launch of th Flying Spur (BY611) and Continental GT, S-Class was and is still the bench mark in terms of reliability....

As above you are looking at silly money when the Continental range go wrong, due to low series production silly prices for spares...unless its a VW Phateton part (611 shared platform)...

I do you wish you good luck with the car, as i do think they have road presence like no other... i would look for a good recommended local Bentley Indy.

Congratulations! I'm looking forward to seeing photos and hearing more about it!

The GTC seems like the best family convertible, so I do look at these from time to time, most recently yesterday!

Great car !!

Weekend driver at best unless you have very deep pockets to keep up with mileage related consumables, tyres, brakes, servicing etc. can run into £1000's over a year if your not careful.

:)

As a result of this thread I looked at these cars and had no idea you could pick up modern Bentley's for this kind of money. Still I've never really been taken by any of them since the Arnage. Until yesterday.

I took Mrs Red to Jermyn Street and New bond Street for the day and a new V8 Flying Spur drove down New bond Street. It was lovely. I've been on the configurator today picking mine in Damson paintwork and two tone leather interior.

Just like this, lovely....

2014_bentley_flying_spur_4_1920x1080.jpg

2014_bentley_flying_spur_5_1920x1080.jpg

Those configurators are fun. So far, I have built a Range Rover for 120K, an S-Class for £200k and a Rolls for, ahem. Haven't tried Bentley yet.:D

Bentley is like Aston Martin, it doesn't show you any numbers :fail

That's because at Bentley and Aston dealerships, the price you're paying is decided that day, by the shoes you're wearing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom