Today I collected my e63 estate

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jimjamiejames

Car
S211 e350, daimler sovereign custom project
I've been searching since Christmas for an e63 estate and today I finally took possession of one.

I've asked a few questions on here and been appreciative of the replies.

I started out looking for an s211 e63 then moved to a pre facelift 212 with m156 but in the end bought a pre facelift m157.

Had a long drive home and it performed very well. Smooth and very pleasant in comfort and then you boot it in sport or sport + and it nuts. So far I love it.

For anyone that follows the market I got the high spec car from Newhaven. I will get some pics up when I can take some decent ones.

I've been searching since Christmas for an e63 estate and today I finally took possession of one.

I've asked a few questions on here and been appreciative of the replies.

I started out looking for an s211 e63 then moved to a pre facelift 212 with m156 but in the end bought a pre facelift m157.

Had a long drive home and it performed very well. Smooth and very pleasant in comfort and then you boot it in sport or sport + and it nuts. So far I love it.

For anyone that follows the market I got the high spec car from Newhaven. I will get some pics up when I can take some decent ones.

V8 biturbo 5.5 nice 👍🏽

I do like the pre- FL wheels.

Nice car OP, sure you'll have a lot of fun 😁

I keep a close eye on the E63 and that one stuck out to me. The carbon pack is is It great and it's unusual to see it on the engine cover (at least, I've not see the carbon engine cover on any others with carbon pack). Great buy and very jealous!

I'm usually not a fan of black and black, but I would definitely make an exception for that one. I think getting the s212 is the right move, and no owning a pre facelift, it's grown on me so much i think I prefer it to the facelift. It looks much meaner in my view, which is odd because when I was looking I intended to avoid square eyes facelift like the plague.

I keep a close eye on the E63 and that one stuck out to me. The carbon pack is is It great and it's unusual to see it on the engine cover (at least, I've not see the carbon engine cover on any others with carbon pack). Great buy and very jealous!

I'm usually not a fan of black and black, but I would definitely make an exception for that one. I think getting the s212 is the right move, and no owning a pre facelift, it's grown on me so much i think I prefer it to the facelift. It looks much meaner in my view, which is odd because when I was looking I intended to avoid square eyes facelift like the plague.
The carbon fibre engine cover came as part of the performance package.

Lovely looking car with a fantastic specification. Hopefully it's had or won't need remedial work on the timing chain. :thumb:

The carbon fibre engine cover came as part of the performance package.
Correct. I had the Performance Package on my pre-facelift E63 and can confirm the the CF engine cover added 10mph to the top speed, but only in the shade 😉

Thankyou. I'm very happy with it. I had seen it advertised some time ago but it was more than I wanted to spend. In the end i though it was too good to miss out on. As said the carbon engine cover is part of the performance pack with 550 bhp and 186mph limiter I believe.

I'm glad I went for the 212 too as well. It has a much more modern feel. I never liked the pre facelift but it's grown on me a lot and now I like it more. You see less about and its kind of understated but mean looking in amg form. Plus it's still fun to drive along and see the Star sitting out there on the bonnet, maybe I'm easily amused lol

Last edited:
Lovely looking car with a fantastic specification. Hopefully it's had or won't need remedial work on the timing chain. :thumb:
Everything seems fine in that department so fingers crossed. It does have the stronger uprated chain which I checked for straight away and I've not heard any rattle. There is a good quality 12month warranty on the car so I feel a little comfort in that

Last edited:
Congratulations on your "new" car. I ran Biturbo E63's as my daily driver for 5 years and every journey was special in those cars. Hope you enjoy the ownership experience as much.
I never liked the pre facelift but it's grown on me a lot and now I like it more.
I think the pre-facelift front end is much more subtle than the facelift car and preferable for it, but the rear quarters of the pre-facelift with the clumsy "Ponton" creases always looked unresolved and I much preferred the relative simplicity of the facelift cars in that respect. That said, the extended window line of the estate balances the Ponton creases on the pre-facelift car much better than on the saloon.

Anyway, have fun 👍

Very nice! Think the estate looks great, quite mean looking. :cool: :)👍

Correct. I had the Performance Package on my pre-facelift E63 and can confirm the the CF engine cover added 10mph to the top speed, but only in the shade 😉
I have one on one of mine (also a PP) and in the 7 years I’ve had it I have probably seen it for less than 7 minutes. Still, it’s a lovely thing to look at.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom